Sal this morning..

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Noooo.. She was featured in many less than flattering comments by Howard.. She was a pretty good sport about it... She would call and complain... he would tell her "you know that I love you" and it worked every time... or it seemed to
Name one person (besides Howard) who ever made fun of Alison's looks. Just one. Doesn't have to be Fred, Robin or Jackie. Just one member of the inner or outer staff.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Name one person (besides Howard) who ever made fun of Alison's looks. Just one. Doesn't have to be Fred, Robin or Jackie. Just one member of the inner or outer staff.
Whoa. What is the point? I do not know what argument is being made.

Whatever, no one other than Howard ridiculed Alison. But isn't Howard enough for the double-standard label?

Don't forget, Alison was not a model, actress or spokesperson etc. She was a "house-frau" to use Howard's words and she looked pretty damn good and I think was generally liked (not to say the Beth is not). Beth is a model/on-air personality who appears on the covers of magazines.

Double whatever, I am glad free speech pretty much reigns on the WUS.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I watched "Private Parts" last night. Wow. That movie sure seems out-dated now in regards to Hubby Howie.
Just about everything from that era is outdated for Howard. But hey, he did it all for Alison.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Whoa. What is the point? I do not know what argument is being made.

Whatever, no one other than Howard ridiculed Alison. But isn't Howard enough for the double-standard label?

Don't forget, Alison was not a model, actress or spokesperson etc. She was a "house-frau" to use Howard's words and she looked pretty damn good and I think was generally liked (not to say the Beth is not). Beth is a model/on-air personality who appears on the covers of magazines.

Double whatever, I am glad free speech pretty much reigns on the WUS.
The point is that people who hate the Beth "double standard" always claim Alison was ridiculed, but Beth is off limits, and everyone goes back to the "Neigh" joke as proof of that double standard. I imagine Sal could no more ridicule Alison's looks than he could Beth's, haus frau and/or model status not mattering a bit. And Alison maybe didn't appear in studio, but she was certainly an (albeit reluctant) on-air personality. The incessant clamoring over her bits being edited from MTT are proof of that.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
The point is that people who hate the Beth "double standard" always claim Alison was ridiculed, but Beth is off limits, and everyone goes back to the "Neigh" joke as proof of that double standard. I imagine Sal could no more ridicule Alison's looks than he could Beth's, haus frau and/or model status not mattering a bit. And Alison maybe didn't appear in studio, but she was certainly an (albeit reluctant) on-air personality. The incessant clamoring over her bits being edited from MTT are proof of that.
That would be a "horseface" joke. And I am not so sure that Sal could not have make a joke about Alison.... she would have been less of a target because she is not "in the business"... From time to time Howard took some real rough stuff from callers who tried to rile him and he and just tossed it off... you couldn't rattle him then.... True, Alison did not push herself an an on-air person but she was not shy.... She had Long Island toughness about her. I am trying to recall that photo in one of Howard's books of Allison, Howard and Howard's parents at the cemetery burying Alison or something like that corresponding to Howard telling hot guests that his wife was dead..

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
That would be a "horseface" joke. And I am not so sure that Sal could not have make a joke about Alison.... she would have been less of a target because she is not "in the business"... From time to time Howard took some real rough stuff from callers who tried to rile him and he and just tossed it off... you couldn't rattle him then.... True, Alison did not push herself an an on-air person but she was not shy.... She had Long Island toughness about her. I am trying to recall that photo in one of Howard's books of Allison, Howard and Howard's parents at the cemetery burying Alison or something like that corresponding to Howard telling hot guests that his wife was dead..
Well as one who tends to attempt to delve deep into Howard's psyche (sometimes coming up with shit that is quite comical - and not in a good way), I don't think it is much of a stretch for you to comprehend that maybe, just maybe, he learned a little from his mistakes. If you've ever screwed the pooch on a relationship, and subsequently been given another chance at love; you know that there are probably some things you should change in order to not screw it up again. Repeatedly humiliating your wife on a national radio show is probably one of those things. Now this may not please you and other "fans", but maybe Howard has decided that this time, the fans aren't as important as his personal life. If I were he, I'd have told the bloodsucking leeches to "fuck off" a long time ago.

And no, Sal would not have been able to bust Alison. If Jackie, Fred, Gary and Robin couldn't, a lowlife lackey like Sal certainly couldn't. As far as the callers busting on her goes, they aren't employees, Sal is. Big difference.

PS - No, the joke in question would be a "Neigh" joke. The horseface joke was another joke and it was aimed at Gary.

PPS - Alison was from Boston (Brookline, to be exact).

Last edited:

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Well as one who tends to attempt to delve deep into Howard's psyche (sometimes coming up with shit that is quite comical - and not in a good way), I don't think it is much of a stretch for you to comprehend that maybe, just maybe, he learned a little from his mistakes. If you've ever screwed the pooch on a relationship, and subsequently been given another chance at love; you know that there are probably some things you should change in order to not screw it up again. Repeatedly humiliating your wife on a national radio show is probably one of those things. Now this may not please you and other "fans", but maybe Howard has decided that this time, the fans aren't as important as his personal life. If I were he, I'd have told the bloodsucking leeches to "fuck off" a long time ago.

And no, Sal would not have been able to bust Alison. If Jackie, Fred, Gary and Robin couldn't, a lowlife lackey like Sal certainly couldn't. As far as the callers busting on her goes, they aren't employees, Sal is. Big difference.

PS - No, the joke in question would be a "Neigh" joke. The horseface joke was another joke and it was aimed at Gary.

PPS - Alison was from Boston (Brookline, to be exact).
Not that Jackie, Fred, Gary and Robin couldn't... there was was no incentive... She was not an easy target... What was there to ridicule? She was pleasant looking and good natured... she did not nag (she was pretty much bullied by Howard), she was not showy, she had no obvious pretensions, not known for rescuing seagulls and she didn't pose for ridiculous photo spreads...

Yes I knew Alison's family is from around Boston but she sounded like a real Long Islander as did the daughters... she's lived most of her life there....

I doubt that Howard has learned anything (will he ever concede that it was a rude thing to do to walk out of Gary's dinner party before the main course had come? Nooooo) ... Real test for Howard comes when Beth "hits the wall"

OK so... I am sometimes comical but not in a good way... how about the revered DLM?

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Not that Jackie, Fred, Gary and Robin couldn't... there was was no incentive... She was not an easy target... What was there to ridicule? She was pleasant looking and good natured... she did not nag (she was pretty much bullied by Howard), she was not showy, she had no obvious pretensions, not known for rescuing seagulls and she didn't pose for ridiculous photo spreads...

Yes I knew Alison's family is from around Boston but she sounded like a real Long Islander as did the daughters... she's lived most of her life there....

I doubt that Howard has learned anything (will he ever concede that it was a rude thing to do to walk out of Gary's dinner party before the main course had come? Nooooo) ... Real test for Howard comes when Beth "hits the wall"

OK so... I am sometimes comical but not in a good way... how about the revered DLM?
:hah:Revered? Maybe by you, but to the rest of us, DLM's been neutered like a stray dog. That's all I've got to say about that.

As to the rest, if Alison wasn't an easy target, why did Howard hit her so often? I really think you think too much without seeing what's actually there. You have a premise, and your observations, no matter how screwy, always conform to the premise. Howard's recently admitted, with what appeared to be genuine reflection, that he now regrets things he's said. Years of therapy may not have cured his narcissism, but it's my guess that since his entire persona was "guy that talks about cheating but is always faithful to his wife", the failure of his marriage is probably a popular subject in the shrink's office. IMHO, you can hear it in his voice; the period of his divorce is probably his biggest disappointment in life.

YMMV

Last edited:

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
:hah:Revered?
As to the rest, if Alison wasn't an easy target, why did Howard hit her so often? I really think you think too much without seeing what's actually there. You have a premise, and your observations, no matter how screwy, always conform to the premise. Howard's recently admitted, with what appeared to be genuine reflection, that he now regrets things he's said. Years of therapy may not have cured his narcissism, but it's my guess that since his entire persona was "guy that talks about cheating but is always faithful to his wife", the failure of his marriage is probably a popular subject in the shrink's office. IMHO, you can hear it in his voice; the period of his divorce is probably his biggest disappointment in life.

YMMV
Because she was not Pam Anderson, Carmen Electra or even Jesscia Hahn...because she forced him to go out and socialize with her yenta friends a few times a year and to see her familly even more often... because she was into being Jewish and he wasn't, because she had bad knees which hampered doggy style... None of these things would provide ammunition for Jackie, Robin or Fred comments..... Greatest disappointment of his life??? Hmmmm doubt it very much no matter how often he repeats it. They went to marriage counseling and Howard didn't want to change, if I recall.. hence the divorce... According to him as soon as he was free he was fucking everything in sight.... Then he got himself a nice young model (the exact thing he ripped so many Hollywood types for doing) and has never looked back....

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
So those are all great fodder for Howard, but Jackie, Robin and Fred can mine no radio gold from that material? Yeah, and only Fred could rag on Alison N.'s play or only Jackie could find humor in Siriani's . . . uhhhh . . . everything?

Riiiiiiiiight. We'll just agree to disagree. :confused:

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
So those are all great fodder for Howard, but Jackie, Robin and Fred can mine no radio gold from that material? Yeah, and only Fred could rag on Alison N.'s play or only Jackie could find humor in Siriani's . . . uhhhh . . . everything?

Riiiiiiiiight. We'll just agree to disagree. :confused:
No ... think it through.. how much could they have mined out of Alison's desire for a normal life , i.e. socializing with friends and going out for entertainment.... how much can you mine from Alison observing Jewish holidays and raising her daughers Jewish... Even the bad knees is tough to mine.... Howard never once even hinted that Alison was off-limits. Alison was a pretty much a normal, stay-at-home wife...... no radio gold there.. All the radio gold was in Howard's wacky ideas.... Jackie's wife Nancy, on the other hand, was almost as much a shameless promoter for herself as Jackie... Remember that Christimas song she recorded? Remember her band and all the plugs for her appearances? Remember the Jackie paraphanalia business she ran? Remember that nude photo portrait of herself? Remember her defense of Jackie's contract walk outs? That was radio gold. As for Alison N, first she opened things up by meeting Fred the Martian through a dial-a-date. Second, she was an aspiring actress and appeared in a play in which she made out with some guy driving Fred nuts.. Plenty to mine there.

And agreeing to disagree or just agreeing is exactly what this forum about. So why the confused icon?

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I think I speak for everyone else here when I say that we've stopped reading you two here in this thread. Maybe PM's are the way to go now. ;)

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
As for Alison N, first she opened things up by meeting Fred the Martian through a dial-a-date. Second, she was an aspiring actress and appeared in a play in which she made out with some guy driving Fred nuts.. Plenty to mine there.
Yeah, because no one in Howard's family ever was an aspiring actrees and appeared in a play in which something scandalous took place. That couldn't have happened, because by your rules, the crew would have been all over it. :rolleyes:

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I think I speak for everyone else here when I say that we've stopped reading you two here in this thread. Maybe PM's are the way to go now. ;)

So stop reading already! Why would you even open the thread when you see my name and other other guy's name? How the hell does it harm you or anyone else if we continue an old thread and have a civil discussion? No animosity in this one. Sarcasm maybe but no insulting. Just rehashing, interpreting and applying Howard history. Seriously... you would go and complain to the moderators because two posters are continuing a week-old thread ? Why not start a new one on something interesting and give up on this one? There is not too much going on right now. We need a new thread. I can never ever understand the tattling mentality on any forum and the joy of some posters when a perceived enemy is somehow punished.

Last edited:

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I personally love it when a perceived enemy is somehow punished. It makes for a much better board. I've taken my lumps with the rest of them and somehow I learned the rules. Too bad if they didn't.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
So stop reading already! Why would you even open the thread when you see my name and other other guy's name? How the hell does it harm you or anyone else if we continue an old thread and have a civil discussion? No animosity in this one. Sarcasm maybe but no insulting. Just rehashing, interpreting and applying Howard history. Seriously... you would go and complain to the moderators because two posters are continuing a week-old thread ? Why not start a new one on something interesting and give up on this one? There is not too much going on right now. We need a new thread. I can never ever understand the tattling mentality on any thread and the joy of some posters when a perceived enemy is somehow punished.
I'm no rat. You need to lighten up because you seem a little paranoid. All I said was PMs might be a good place to go to now, especially for a civil discussion with only two parties.

Begin by breathing deeply. That's a good place to start for unwinding.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I'm no rat. You need to lighten up because you seem a little paranoid. All I said was PMs might be a good place to go to now, especially for a civil discussion with only two parties.

Begin by breathing deeply. That's a good place to start for unwinding.
C'mon, give him a break. "Beth Derangement Syndrome" can make someone a little testy. ;)