Say Farewell to The Bridge... Again. (Led Zeplin Radio)

siriusxm_csrep

Oct 28, 2008
Looks like Led Zeppelin Radio is coming back and SIRIUS listeners will get to hear it, too.

Starting November 1, it'll air 24/7 Zeppelin music on SIRIUS 12 and XM 39 and will run for two months.

Oh joy, I'm gonna really enjoy listening to customers bitch about why The Bridge is gone again! As if we don't get enough from customers who miss Punk (and Fungus) and hate AC/DC Radio. :rolleyes:

AC/DC is good, but Led Zeppelin is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better! :cool:

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Say Farewell to The Bridge... Again.

SIRIUS XM Radio To Launch Channel Dedicated To Led Zeppelin

NEW YORK, Oct 30, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- "Led Zeppelin Radio" will be broadcast on SIRIUS channel 12 and XM channel 39 and will feature Led Zeppelin music 24/7, including interviews and rarities.

Sirius XM Radio Inc. - SIRIUS XM Radio To Launch Channel Dedicated To Led Zeppelin

November 1st - December 31st... There's always next year. :s

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
Looks like Led Zeppelin Radio is coming back and SIRIUS listeners will get to hear it, too.

Starting November 1, it'll air 24/7 Zeppelin music on SIRIUS 12 and XM 39 and will run for two months.

Oh joy, I'm gonna really enjoy listening to customers bitch about why The Bridge is gone again! As if we don't get enough from customers who miss Punk (and Fungus) and hate AC/DC Radio. :rolleyes:

AC/DC is good, but Led Zeppelin is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better! :cool:

You know what would be "way better"? If Sirius cared as much for their subs and listeners as Payola...:mad:

JJS

Oct 13, 2008
Yo mods, can the two Led Zeppelin Radio threads be merged here? Thanx!

This is arguably a Bridge thread, not a Led thread. The Bridge has been Sirius's most disrespected channel. It is indeed a bridge...between single-artist infomercial sweeps.

jr461

Oct 19, 2008
Northern NJ
Hopefully the Bridge resurfaces after the channel realignment in mid-Nov.

There have also been conflicting reports about what is going to be on Ch 12.

Several of us have heard announcements on air on the Pulse that they are moving to Ch 12.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

I just hope the Bridge isn't gone for a long time.

jwt873

Oct 12, 2008
bridge.jpg

Reactions: hexagram

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
This sucks.
This sucks.
This sucks.

Why Led Zepplin? Aren't they dead (but not gratefull)?

This sucks.

And now we see why the title of the channel was never changed from Sirius 12 and made "The Bridge".
Sirius managenent is and always will be by greedly lying scum. How much payola are they getting this time??????

Last edited:

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
This sucks.
This sucks.
This sucks.

Why Led Zepplin? Aren't they dead (but not gratefull)?

This sucks.

And now we see why the title of the channel was never changed from Sirius 12 and made "The Bridge".
Sirius managenent is and always will be by greedly lying scum. How much payola are they getting this time??????
This is what i said aboutn the punk channel and that ac/dc crap!And didnt they just bring the bridge back recently?

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
See, this is why I only hang out in the political forum. How many times can we bitch about the Bridge being crapped on by Sirius before it feels like Groundhog Day?

Heck, I'm still pissed that we lost The Border way back in 1982 or whenever that was. 2005. And Folktown.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Now we have conflicting info. Some were reporting that started Nov 14 the Pulse would move to Channel 12, now it seems Channel 12 will become Led Zeplin Radio.

One thing for sure this does not bode well for The Bridge!

Trying to keep an open mind here, but I've about had it with all these single artist channels, while removing The Bridge. Glad I got my Slacker G2, because I may just be dropping another subscription.

I merged the threads and Topic Title.

Last edited:

jwt873

Oct 12, 2008
Ha! I had a feeling you would bring that back. :rofl2:

LOL... It took a bit of work so I never deleted it :)

I don't mind the odd single artist being featured... I don't mind Zeppelin. I just don't like The Bridge (or more correctly channel 12) being used all the time for these things.

Instead of picking on one channel, I'd like to see things spread around. They could perhaps take down 'Super Shuffle' for one single artist feature and then 'Disorder' for the next and then maybe 'The Bridge' for the one after that.

I may be wrong, but didn't XM add an extra channel (39) so they could feature Zeppelin? (If that's the case, then XM users get Zeppelin without losing any other content).

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
Now we have conflicting info. Some were reporting that started Nov 14 the Pulse would move to Channel 12, now it seems Channel 12 will become Led Zeplin Radio.

Trying to keep an open mind here, but I've about had it with all these single artist channels, while removing The Bridge. Glad I got my Slacker G2, because I may just be dropping another subscription.

Becoming a huge internet radio fan are we?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

Zeller has responded to some queries that The Bridge will be back in January. I don't think the rumour from "The Pulse" is acurate regardless of the source. The fact that they have DJs on their own service 1) releasing supposidly top secret information and 2) releasing most likely incorrect information is most disturbing. I think it shows how bad the internal management in this company actually is.