Say Hello to Sirius XM Lynx

Discussion in 'SiriusXM 2.0' started by admin, Oct 9, 2011.

1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

It looks like the first new SiriusXM 2.0 Radio has been outed by the FCC. According to a test report and Label information from the FCC website the first new radio from Sirius XM will be the Sirius XM Lynx.

According to the report the Lynx will feature:

• Revolutionary SiriusXM PowerConnectâ„¢ FM Transmitter works through your vehicle’s radio with easy Do-It Yourself Installation. The color-coded Vehicle Dock makes it simple to connect.
    • Customize your display by choosing the backlight color theme that matches your mood or vehicle dash lights.
    • Personalize your radio by choosing the trim ring that reflects your taste or complements your vehicle interior.
    • View artist name, song title, and channel information on the large color display.
    • Browse programs, artists, and songs playing on other channels without having to change the channel.
    • One-Touch Jump™ to traffic and weather of the 20 most congested cities, or to the previous channel to which you
    were listening.
    • Save and enjoy fast access to your favorite channels.
    • Lock and unlock channels with easy-to-use parental controls.
    • Complete PowerConnect Vehicle Kit included.
    • Universal docking capability – add accessories for your home, office, additional vehicles or even outdoors.
    • Connectivity could be achieved via Satellite, WiFi, Bluetooth & USB.

Not mentioned in this list and thanks to the Immersion Logo inside the unit, this new radio will most likely feature Haptic Touchscreen Technology by Immersion. I also see a Micro SD slot under the battery cover.

Battery Cover:

[​IMG]

More information on this new radio as it becomes available.

---
    View the original Article at Digital Radio Magazine or discuss it here.

2. SXMN

SXMN Member

BTW this passed through the FCC. It should be on sale before Christmas. As reported I will update as I get more information.
    ;)

3. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

OOH--a new radio with micro Sd. I assume that means it is a new portable.

This is exciting. They need something out for the holiday season.

My problem is that I only use my sl2 over wireless in my office because my new car had Sirius built in.

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

I doubt its a portable. Looks a lot from the desciption like a slightly enhanced Express RC.

5. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

If it isn't a portable, then why would it have it's own battery?

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

Good point. A very primative portable then. Does not have any mention of recording capacity or ability.

7. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

I know--that is what confused me too.

More info to come, I assume.

Doesn't really say much about the 2.0 capabilities either. Oh well--just nice to see a new radio--hope it looks good!

8. IdRatherBeSkiing

Not a lot has actually been said about 2.0. It could be a big bust. Most of what you hear is pure speculation.

9. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Interesting. SD card slot, battery, but looks like a regular PnP. Maybe battery is for using it in hte office or someplace when you have wifi or bluetooth available and dont need a sat signal so you can just pop it on and connect? Seems a bit strage but if it isn't really expensive it sounds good.

10. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Still waiting on the OEM radios before I decide on anything regarding resubscribing. And if they're still be lifetime subscriptions offered since I'd rather not deal with that retarded billing department.

11. SXMN

SXMN Member

In the FCC report it is called the Sirius XM Lynx Portable Radio, so yeah it is a portable radio.

I'm thinking this is exactly how it will be used. In the FCC report they tested it attached to a Dock (V Dock), Laptop and PowerConnect.

I'm sure there will be more information soon.

12. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Sounds like a XM xPress or a Sirius Sportster unit. But since it has a built in SD Card slot, I bet it used for recording music/talk channels. I doubt it will be portable?

13. SXMN

SXMN Member

There are no sizes listed in the documentation so I can only go by the product title in the test report.
    [​IMG]

14. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I'm not going by the size, but by looking at the picture the size kinda similar to a XM Onyz, XM xPress RCI and a Sirius Sportster 5 unit and the features are pretty similar.

XM Onyz
    [​IMG]

XM xPress RCI
    [​IMG]

Sirius Sportster 5
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  15. SXMN

SXMN Member

Yeah, sorry I misread. I'm sure some features are not listed in the report (Touchscreen, SD Card...etc..etc..) so we probably won't know until an official announcement is made.

The FCC also tested the device hooked up to a computer so there is obviously some type of recording/sharing feature built into the unit.

I'm sure we will find out soon.

Edit: You are probably right about the size. That is a Micro SD Slot so based on that it's probably close. Maybe this unit will be pretty thin....iPhone thin....???

16. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

No problem, I just wish they would start releasing photos and more information really soon! Because I want a new radio something similar to the Sportster 5 or Stiletto 2? Mainly I prefer a portable unit, with a stronger satellite signal which I get inside buildings! A built in wifi signal is great, but not all places provide a wifi signal.

17. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

It looks about the same as the old Roady XT.

[​IMG]

18. SXMN

SXMN Member

There would have been more images but Sirius XM submitted a confidentially request to the FCC so no images yet for us. :mad:

The good news, they only requested short term confidentially on images, user guide and tech specs. That was approved on the 6th so either they (Sirius XM) release the product in 45 days or the FCC will release the images and specs. I bet Sirius XM announces this before the 45 days though.

19. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I realize that and of coarse they want there photos to be confidential, like apple did to they're iPhone 4S. But will know more information in the coming months, I just can't the waiting game!

20. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Maybe some drunk XM employee will lose it in a bar. :whistle: