Scott Ferrall leaving Sirius H101

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I noticed he hasn't been on this week. Last night was a re-air of the Stern Show from 1-10-06 (Satellite Years) and a previous night this week was Stern Show Shuffle.

I wonder if Stern Show Shuffle really is truly random or is there some sort of order? If someone would recognize a Jackie Puppet segment that was previously played, is it the same segment after that the next time?

Pretty sure the "shuffle' series is still programmed, as far as 'episodes' go. There's probably a pool of bits that have been gone through and placed in que that are selected. They are 'random' but probably selected ahead of time as far being listened to and chosen to be played. I've never heard the same thing on shuffle really, but I have heard crossover stuff that was on other specials.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Pretty sure the "shuffle' series is still programmed, as far as 'episodes' go. There's probably a pool of bits that have been gone through and placed in que that are selected. They are 'random' but probably selected ahead of time as far being listened to and chosen to be played. I've never heard the same thing on shuffle really, but I have heard crossover stuff that was on other specials.

Anyone who believes it's truly randomized is foolish.

What I'm wondering is if the "episode" from a certain date has ever (or could ever) repeat.

I do know that one day a month or so ago, ETM called in about that date being his 10th anniversary on the show. He was his usual grumpy self about not getting any recognition on the date. Anyway, later that night, the first ETM call-in was played.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Ah, well, I am pretty sure I have heard teh same episode repeat, which is good. And your right, Shuffle plays themed or planned bits, which is cool sometimes. If howard mentioned something on air live that week, shuffle may sometimes play the original bit or story or interview He was talking about

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
He was out from his house being affected by the storm and some of his guys has power issues as well.

He also posted something about being sick (or someone mentioned it -- don't remember.)

When he wasn't on for a few days in a row, I just assumed he was done.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Is Tim gonna replace him with live programming or simply another incarnation of "best of" for the night?

Did they know Bubba was going, or was it an 11th-hour decision?

At least this time, they have several months to get something ready.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Is Tim gonna replace him with live programming or simply another incarnation of "best of" for the night?

Unfourtunately I'd sqy he'll be replaced ed with best of amd maybe some one off specials by people, hate to say it but I don't see much live programming coming to 101 that doesn't involve staff and those are always once a week short shows.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Unfourtunately I'd sqy he'll be replaced ed with best of amd maybe some one off specials by people, hate to say it but I don't see much live programming coming to 101 that doesn't involve staff and those are always once a week short shows.

so since they're not paying for bubba, and soon not to be paying ferrall, where does all that extra money go? I doubt they pay the existing staff extra to do one off shows.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Anyone remember those "a very special" promos that Howard used to make fun of circa 2004-2005?

Coming soon to Howard 101: A very special FERRALL show. Scott Ferrall says goodbye.

*cue sappy music*

Actually, it's Wednesday, aka today at 8 PM ET on Howard 101.

final-show.jpg

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
54 minutes left! (A little more if you're listening online.)

"We've only got an hour left on the Howard Stern channels! This is bullshit! They told me no more bullshit!" I think he concluded the quote just now with a "fuck this."

Last edited:

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
How is Scotty gonna be able to watch his language for the network gig after making truck drivers blush? I hope they have a 2 man dump button team.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
How is Scotty gonna be able to watch his language for the network gig after making truck drivers blush? I hope they have a 2 man dump button team.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhsjWyR3k2o[/ame]

"Penguins win the Stanley Cup! F YOU DETROIT! SUCK MY BALLSACK!"

Tonight:
8:00 pm - 12:00 am Music of Howard Stern. Exclusive live performances from the 25+ year history of the Howard Stern Show.

Friday:
8:00 pm – 9:00 pm Playlist: Kid Rock
9:00 pm – 10:00 pm The Greg Fitzsimmons Show
10:00 pm – 11:00 pm Red Peters Holiday Special
11:00 pm – 12:00 am Riley Martin

Monday-Friday of next week:
8:00 pm – 12:00 am Stern Show Shuffle

Last edited:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I'm shocked they didn't fill the slot with new live content. :S They could put Back office radio on in the evening, or give Richard and Sal a show. 101 is basically the Stern Show Shuffle station now. :(

The kick to the other ball will be if it's a repeat of the afternoon Stern Show Shuffle.

What about airing History of Howard? There's what? 6-8 weeks of material there that hasn't been heard in a long time.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
The kick to the other ball will be if it's a repeat of the afternoon Stern Show Shuffle.

Son of a bitch. It WILL be a repeat of the afternoon shuffle I know it. :( I'm one of the biggest Howard supporters on this site but what's happened to 101 is ridiculous.