Semi Did It Again!

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Wolf, Apr 17, 2014.

1. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I'm glad you didn't hit a parking garage.

2. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

3. Channel98

Channel98 Don't yell or hit.

This is from the radio news site Talkers.com, March 20:

Des Moines sports talk host dies in highway collision
    . An accident yesterday on Interstate 80 took the life of KBGG-Des Moines "1700 The Champ" sports talk host Gantry R. Miller, a.k.a. Wolfgang. The 44-year-old radio personality had pulled over and exited his car around 9:45 am when he was struck by a semi-truck. He was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. Miller co-hosted "The Drive with Wolfgang and Steen." The station wrote on its website, "It is with great sadness that we share with you the passing of our dear friend and fellow broadcaster, Gantry 'Wolfgang' Miller. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this difficult time."

4. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Excuse my french, but that's mostly bullshit. While it's true that cooperation would alleviate some of the slowdowns, they make some glaring mistakes and omissions.

1) Rotaries - There's a rotary (or round-a-boot) about every 50 ft in Massachusetts. They don't work. If you doubt that, check-out the Concord rotary on Rt. 2. People think that rotaries allow traffic to keep moving at all times; but it doesn't.

2) Merges and exits - any way you cut it, if you are on a 3-lane highway, and a good amount of the vehicles are taking a 1-lane exit, traffic will slow down. Even the video shows that. Of course the cloverleaf doesn't help, but it would be very costly to have overpassing exit ramps.

5. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

I think insurance companies have convinced municipalities to put round-a-bouts in to limit liability