Semi Did It Again!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Hey Semi, why do the front wheels of trucks have very little traction when compared to the rest of the tires? I've noticed it a few times now and each time I think about asking you, our resource for all things trucking :). I wonder if it's on purpose or it's simply that those tires wear down the quickest.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Hey Semi, why do the front wheels of trucks have very little traction when compared to the rest of the tires? I've noticed it a few times now and each time I think about asking you, our resource for all things trucking :). I wonder if it's on purpose or it's simply that those tires wear down the quickest.

The rear axle gets all the power.

Maybe these videos can help

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I just had another truck driver take out my driver side mirror on a narrow, two lane highway

What exactly do you do when that happens? It's a minor incident so I imagine you keep going like normal but when you have get where your going who takes care of it? You, your company, your insurance?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
What exactly do you do when that happens? It's a minor incident so I imagine you keep going like normal but when you have get where your going who takes care of it? You, your company, your insurance?

As soon as it was safe to park, I called my company and let then know. I gave them all the information I could give them. It was dark so I couldn't tell what company the other driver was driving for.

That happened Wednesday night. The closest Freightliner closed at 5pm, so I had to wait until Thursday morning to check in. They told me they didn't have any driver side mirrors in stock, so they would have to order one.

Got it fixed Friday afternoon and was on my way.

If it were my truck, I would have gone to a truck stop and bought anything close and strapped it on until I got home, but since it's not my truck, I have to do what they want me to do.

Can't really drive without a mirror. DOT can give me a ticket.

Reactions: JHDK

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Couple weeks ago a truck driver took out Semi side mirror. Well Semi decided to take out a car.

Car crushed in Ohio crash on I-70

5132273_021119-wls-flat-car-ohio-spoton-vid.jpg

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
A few of the comments mention that they escaped with minor injuries; not sure where they got that from, or how that's possible. But after reading most of the comments, I can definitely say that people are assholes.

I usually don’t read the comments.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk