SFN closed.

voliconjoe

Jan 11, 2011
"Has anyone on here played Xbox Live or PS3 and you play with some 13 year old white kid who just uses the N word over and over. That's just what a lot of the anonymous posters remind me of. The 13 year old wouldn't use that word in front of a black guy and nobody would call Beth a horseface to her face. It just something pussies do online because they can. "

EXACTLY. Just learned the word and now they get to use it to stir up the shit. When I turned 5 I learned the word HELL and said it over and over until it drove people nuts.

Welcome to SFN.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
And you missed the point (and sorry it's probably closer to 30M). He had NO listeners when he was married the first time. No one cared. By the time he was married to Beth 2 books and a movie were made about his life on top of 25 years of #1 radio position.
I got your point. i was pointing out that howard had no where NEAR 20m listeners on SIRIUSXM when he got married. IIRC they were still 2 seperate companies at the time. If you believe he has EVERY SINGLE sirus XM subscriber listening to him, then you're drinking the howard stern kool aid ;)

i don't even think they have 30m subscribers yet.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I'd love to see more people here, but not if it turns this place into the wild west. Most of our people aren't as hostile as it can get over there. There should be a place like this for people that enjoy the service.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
SFN became and O&A fan site. It was nothing but Howard bashing 24 7. Once the mods stopped kicking people, the site because useless.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfyre13.com
I couldn't care less if SFN closed down for good or not, I tried that site out couple years ago and there a lot of rude douches over there. Unfortunately now since there site is closed, I guess sooner or later they might find this place and come over here one of these days?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard does have a point. You'd go on SFN and see a ton of:
1) The show sucks because it's too short
2) The show sucks because there's too many vacations
3) Beth is a horse face/other
4) Howard is ugly

HOWEVER... Howard does have an ego issue. He can't stand criticism directed his way, but seems to have no problem dishing out, breaking one of the main rules of criticism.

With that said, I'd like to see some of the SFN regulars even ATTEMPT to do a top-rated radio show for 20+ years.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
This is a sad day actually.. Howard's growing intolerance of criticism has finally resulted in the shutdown of the biggest stern forum. So much for the Stern Revolution, again. As for fans comments on Beth, they are only emulating Howard. He is the most brutal critic of female appearance.. She's hit the wall, she's got canckles,, butter face, thick thighs, she's thick, Rosie O'Donnell's potato head and on and on.. Good going Howard .. You're the new FTC .. Heading up the censorship revolution..

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
This is a sad day actually.. Howard's growing intolerance of criticism has finally resulted in the shutdown of the biggest stern forum. So much for the Stern Revolution, again. As for fans comments on Beth, they are only emulating Howard. He is the most brutal critic of female appearance.. She's hit the wall, she's got canckles,, butter face, thick thighs, she's thick, Rosie O'Donnell's potato head and on and on.. Good going Howard .. You're the new FTC .. Heading up the censorship revolution..
Mutt is clearly just doing it as a joke. Howard didn't do anything new. He's complained about SFN for years.

Rocinante

Oct 12, 2008
Hartsdale, NY
I posted on that site quite often in the past several weeks. The site is 99% negative with very few positive posts about the show. I did not see many OA fans. I think Mutt lost control after Howard decided to start his 3 day work week and angered most of his fans. Although a lot of the criticisms were valid, the discussions were very lowbrow and quickly degraded to personal attacks.

Rocinante

Oct 12, 2008
Hartsdale, NY
I'm not really sure this thread is going anywhere.

Both sides have valid points (I think).

And honestly, I don't really care. If Beth was a dog, horse or supermodel, she still annoys the living hell out of me. Maybe I'm hypocritical because my wife doesn't annoy me... ok fine, whatever.

Is SFN back up?
She annoys most of us because she sounds like a moronic high school girl who speaks in superlatives. "Oh, Howard is so great! Bianca is such a good dog", etc.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Remember, Howard once had an MB of his own. Look what happened to it: Stern sucks, Beth has a horse face, blah blah blah.

Point is, you're a Stern fan or you're not. People who hate him shouldn't post on a message board called "Stern Fan Network", period. Yeah, I'm not on the same line as him sometimes, but that's life. Honestly, he's the only talker I talk to regularly, and for good reason.

Thanks, but this and the Stern and More Yahoo! Group are the only two boards I need.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I've posted this before and spoke to Taylor about it actually. This place isn't as bad as SFN but its pretty damn negative for the most part. Yes being critical of the show is one thing. I am too, and I also don't find Beth personally attractive to me, Im a bit of a chubby chaser and into the women more like JD is but she is pretty. Not my type and she does help out with animal charities etc...

I've seen TONS of mean horse jokes about her and how shes a gold digger and tons on posts on Howard's a loser the show isn't good anymore etc... its very hateful around here for the most part and its gotten worse in months. I still come here but post very little anymore go back and read the threads 80% are just vicious and bashing. I don't get it. If you hate the show that much and beth and howard why listen? it makes NO SENSE. its a lot like SFN in that sense here. There are some positive posts or at least constructive digs at the show, many I agree with. but yeah, this place has gone down hill in the last year or so. Theres always been complaints but they're not even complaints anymore just bashing.

Its funny I remember when Artie was on the show some people here WISHED her would die. Actually wished he would die and said he wasn' t funny. He's off the show and all of the sudden some of these people are wishing Artie was back and the show sucks without him. This and aother things make me realize that people just like to complain about the show and it was ALWAYS better 2 years ago and its gone down hill.

THis place has turned to a mini Stern fan network with some decent threads.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I've posted this before and spoke to Taylor about it actually. This place isn't as bad as SFN but its pretty damn negative for the most part. Yes being critical of the show is one thing. I am too, and I also don't find Beth personally attractive to me, Im a bit of a chubby chaser and into the women more like JD is but she is pretty. Not my type and she does help out with animal charities etc...

I've seen TONS of mean horse jokes about her and how shes a gold digger and tons on posts on Howard's a loser the show isn't good anymore etc... its very hateful around here for the most part and its gotten worse in months. I still come here but post very little anymore go back and read the threads 80% are just vicious and bashing. I don't get it. If you hate the show that much and beth and howard why listen? it makes NO SENSE. its a lot like SFN in that sense here. There are some positive posts or at least constructive digs at the show, many I agree with. but yeah, this place has gone down hill in the last year or so. Theres always been complaints but they're not even complaints anymore just bashing.

Its funny I remember when Artie was on the show some people here WISHED her would die. Actually wished he would die and said he wasn' t funny. He's off the show and all of the sudden some of these people are wishing Artie was back and the show sucks without him. This and aother things make me realize that people just like to complain about the show and it was ALWAYS better 2 years ago and its gone down hill.

THis place has turned to a mini Stern fan network with some decent threads.
I'll take 20 more people like you around here Snoozer. :thumbup:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I don't think most fans here bash Howard for the fun of it.. I think for the most part they are serious fans who actually love Howard enjoyed him the most at his height... for me his height was the first couple of years at Sirius... for others it was at some point during the KROK days. These fans (including me) are very disappointed with Howard for 1) a three day week, 2) a four hour show [but same number of commercials (seemingly)] , 3) a bitter Howard who treats the fans as if he is doing them a favor by coming to work at all.. Howard is the most brutally critical person on radio... he doesn't hold back... 4) a lazier Howard who phones it in some days..

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
SternFanNetwork

Update. They're pulling the database and doing a lot of work that only the people on Geek Time could understand. As of about two hours ago, they were about 13.5% done with the big work.

At 10:19 AM, they were about 1% done.

10:19 AM = 1%
1:35 PM = 13.5%

Expect it to take at least another 12 hours.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
If they are updating the board and backing up or doing some maintence on the entire forum, I could easily see that taking some time. It's a large forum with lots of members and posts and other stuff to process, could take a while, so this makes sense.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I don't believe in heavy moderation because thats no fun but I believe that if SFN puts some rules in place people should abide by them. What they would be I don't know?

As much as I said in my rant about this place being negative and not as fun one thing I can say is that for the most part people here get along even when they disagree which does make this place better. :)