Signal Issues

Discussion in 'Sirius Plug and Plays' started by IndustrialH, Jul 15, 2016.

1. IndustrialH

IndustrialH "So much music .... so little time..."

Anyone notice the Sirius signal getting flakey. I used to have uninterrupted service through the hills here and now its acting like XM does. Odd thing is that it coincides with the sudden appearance of a terrestrial repeater in town. Both my daughter and myself have noticed the same issue - even though the 1,2 or 3 aren't obstructed in any way. Antenna placement is fine.

[​IMG]
  2. machpost

machpost Member

I'm pretty sure they switched over to the geostationary satellites (like XM has always used) within the last six months or so. The old Sirius satellites depicted above are apparently nearing end of life status and are only up there for backup purposes now.
  3. IndustrialH

I guess they just want me to stay home and listen - I ran some of the highway spots through Dishpointer - and the line of sight is definitely blocked in many spots - long enough to beat the buffer :(
  4. hwkn

hwkn Active Member

My advice would be to switch to streaming Sirius via your phone or tablet.
  5. IndustrialH

It would be an option except I don't run data on my phone and since I have a US account and the only app I can download is Canadian - its not an option. Anyway its more annoying than not possible to live with, and is still better than the local terrestrial options. Thems the breaks :)