Sirius S50 says "Invalid Image"

quiannajason

Nov 11, 2010
I'm late paying my Sirius bill this month, and Sirius (I'm guessing) sent a signal to turn my radio off, but instead it's saying
Invalid image.
Invalid image.
Object loading failed
Please connect USB cable

I don't have a USB cable and have never used this radio on my computer. I have the 'executive docking radio' (or some name like that) which is a two speaker radio put out by Sirius for the S50. I tried the 3 finger salute, and it's not working. The last time my Sirius went dead was when they did that upgrade, and I had to send my radio back to them, and luckily it was still covered by warantee back then. Can someone tell me how I can at least get at the songs and shows I've stored until I get the bill paid (or if I'm just screwed and need to get a new radio)?
Thanks
Jason

quiannajason

Nov 11, 2010
LOL, no it's got nothing to do with the bill.
I've had them deactivate my radio before for being late, and it's never caused the "Invalid Image" error and I was still able to access the songs/shows I had already saved, and still able to access the menus.
I spent the past 3 hours on the phone with Sirius trying to figure this out. Their customer service is such a nightmare.

The first time I was on hold for half an hour and nobody ever picked up.

The second time I called got the run around until I got tech support where the guy told me "The deactivation signal triggered the need for a software update. Every 6 months you need to attach your radio to your computer and download an update. Or you can go to radio shack they will do it for you" I explained to him that when I got the radio and needed the mandatory S50 update I couldn't do it because I had Windows Vista and was told that Sirius wasn't updating the S50 media player beyond Windows XP, so I never used the USB cable and have since lost it. He told me it's now updated for Vista and Windows 7, but that since I don't have the USB cable I could go to Radio Shack. I asked him if he was sure three time because I didn't want to waste any more time with this damn radio than I have to, and he said absolutely yes! So I went to Radio Shack and they had no idea what I was talking about they don't do anything like that, and tried to get me to buy a new radio. If I hadn't paid $500 at the time for the Sirius Executive Radio Dock, the Home Dock, the Car Dock, etc, I would just do that. So I came back home and called again.

The third time I called after getting the run around again, I got a woman who I told about my experience and she said she's never heard of such a thing, of course Radio Shack doesn't do updates for their products. She wasn't sure if getting the USB cable would help me because she wasn't sure if I'd be able to get the update if I did go to ebay buy the USB cord, and tried to hook it up to my system as now I have Windows 7, and she wasn't sure if it even works beyond Windows XP. So I'm going to have to mail the radio back to them and they'll update it for me, and then send it back to me. This is different from the update I did back in 2008 where they put a hold on my card for the cost of a new s50, sent me a new radio with a return envelope for my s50 needing an update, and then credited my account for the amount charged when received my old s50.

So basically I can't expect to get my Sirius back up and working until 2011 when all this shipping back and forth for an update is done. Howard only has 16 new shows left unless Sirius re-signs him, so I'm not even sure it is worthwhile.

Oh, and yes, they want me to pay for my subscription during all this time I won't have a radio and can't receive Howard and miss his final days. Thanks Sirius!