Sirius Signal Dropouts Indoors

Discussion in 'Sirius Radios' started by Newsiesboy42, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Newsiesboy42

Newsiesboy42 New Member

I Have My Sirius Antenna on the top of my tv and I'm able to get a signal indoors But sometimes it starts to drop for like 1-3 why is this happening? Any Suggestions to improve my signal or To move it somewhere else indoors?

Attached Files:

Casual Fan likes this.
  2. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Unless you live near a repeater, your best bet is to keep the antenna outside :)
    HecticArt and Casual Fan like this.
  3. microbob

microbob Well-Known Member

Also, that's normal with the Sirius satellite platform. They have 3 satellites that move in a figure 8 pattern. The XM satellites are stationary. At some point the old Sirius satellite system will be replaced with a new satellite that was launched last year, FM 6.
    HecticArt and Casual Fan like this.
  4. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

A Sirius reception question! By golly, it's like it's 2003 around here again. :)

Semipenguin and microbob are correct. I have successfully used a Sirius antenna without interruption indoors, but it was placed in a large, second floor office window that had a completely unobstructed view of the western sky. I was on the east coast at the time, and the satellites cross the middle of the country. On the west coast, you'd need an unobstructed eastern view.

That being said, the surest bet is to place the antenna on the roof of your house, pointing straight up, with no trees around. It won't really matter then where you live--you'll get a strong enough signal for reception.

Post again with your specific conditions if that is impossible, and maybe we can offer some suggestions.
    HecticArt and semipenguin like this.