Sirius vs XM -- Differences Table

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
This is excellent news for the Best of XM package if they do indeed broadcast the MLB games and not just the MLB Home Plate channel. Though I doubt they would do that, still until there is an announcement! :twitch:

SubSonic

Dec 24, 2008
Central NC
I'll tell you what I can't wait to happen, and that is the merger of their billing and office operations...I can't stand the idea of paying for 2 full price subs (1 Sirius/1 XM) when we should be able to count ONE of those as a second sub, at a discounted price...

I got tired of trying to figure out the best way to get quality sounding Sirius into the wife's GM (newer LAN BUS radio) and just turned her factory-installed XM unit back on with the Best of Sirius Package - but of course, I still have to pay full price for my Sirius sub too. Ugh. lol

JJS

Oct 13, 2008
Another update at first post, as XM's rendition of Radio Classics, programmed by Greg Bell, will now run on Sirius as well, beginning 2/1/09. Instead of the same series at the same time, seven days a week, Sirius OTR listeners will be getting the full variety. Congratulations, Greg.

Greg Bell's Blog - All Things Old-Time Radio...

Also, Book Radio appears to be running all weekend on XM, as it has been on Sirius. Relegating Book Radio to weekdays was idiotic; listeners' appetite for spoken word programming is as strong or stronger on weekends. While nothing's official without a PDF Channel Lineup saying so, I'm dropping Book Radio from the table for now, treating XM's as equivalent to Sirius's.

Latest table at:

http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/siriusxm-soundwave-cafe/1336-sirius-vs-xm-differences-table.html

Last edited:

dantodd

Oct 14, 2008
I just checked and Cinemagic is still on 81 as of right now. Radio Classics on both services is now simulcast.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I just checked and Cinemagic is still on 81 as of right now. Radio Classics on both services is now simulcast.

Did you actually listen? They did not do a Channel Update so although the name says "Cinemagic" it is actually The Strobe being broadcast.

JJS

Oct 13, 2008
You can now add Cinemagic, 20 on 20, Pop2K, The Groove, and The Village to the SIRIUS column. :)

Thanks, h3x. The table presently makes no listing of differences in the online services. I should correct that somehow...perhaps by renaming the table "Satellite Channel Differences." We'll figure something out.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Thanks, h3x. The table presently makes no listing of differences in the online services. I should correct that somehow...perhaps by renaming the table "Satellite Channel Differences." We'll figure something out.

... or better yet, just put in another one of those green $ signs and place a small asterisk next to it.

Then at the end of the table, make the asterisk note that it's only available online on SIRIUS Internet Radio.

Simple fix, if you ask me. :)

You got a perfect spot at the end of the table:

=========================================================
=========================================================

Just wedge the "disclaimer" in between the lines. :icon_biggrin:

Last edited:

JJS

Oct 13, 2008
(Unduly harsh response removed by author.)

Last edited: