Sirius XM On-Demand Launches

voliconjoe

Jan 11, 2011
I have 2 Sirius backseat setups and one is dying (the display doesn't work anymore) so I'll keep one for parts and convert the other to just radio. Is it possible to get Stern anymore without paying extra??

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Good stuff. Now on to main stream media to spread the message.

Remember, SXM has no way of knowing we want more shows added to the On Demand Library unless you submit your requests here: https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4813/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzQ3OTkxMTU0L3NpZC9uNXl0VHo2bA%3D%3D

Still MIA from On Demand:

Eddie Trunk
Sat night Safety Dance
Live from the BBC Vaults
AT 40
90s Back in the Day Countdown
Rockers Doing the Blues
70s Guest DJs
Breakfast w/The Beatles
Jim Ladd
Classic Vinyl & Rewind Specials(Vaults)

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Remember, SXM has no way of knowing we want more shows added to the On Demand Library unless you submit your requests here: https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4813/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzQ3OTkxMTU0L3NpZC9uNXl0VHo2bA%3D%3D

Still MIA from On Demand:

Eddie Trunk
Sat night Safety Dance
Live from the BBC Vaults
AT 40
90s Back in the Day Countdown
Rockers Doing the Blues
70s Guest DJs
Breakfast w/The Beatles
Jim Ladd
Classic Vinyl & Rewind Specials(Vaults)

I just requested Trunk.
I'm keeping the link handy to request more as I think of them.
Ooooh. Crystal Method. :yesshake:

puddychains

Jan 19, 2012
The lack of Eddie Trunk On Demand is odd. He is a promotion machine. He is excellent on his Twitter feed promoting That Metal Show.

squigy0

Oct 14, 2008
Baltimore, MD
squigy0.ch00ns.com
I've had good solid chances to use the Android app that last couple weeks what with being in a new job that doesn't heap a whole lot of responsibility on me...yet :p

Live content still has some serious glitches. My connection will suddenly stall and I'll get a "disconnected" message even though I have full signal and haven't moved my phone. When I tune back in I have to listen to the same last few minutes of the show & sometimes it freezes at the exact same point and won't go past until I wait 10 mins to tune again.

However, the On Demand is 99% solid! I've had virtually no disconnects, and in the rare event I do, I can pick up right where I left off in the recording. Two glitches are that if I get stalls in downloading an episode of something, it actually crashes the app a few minutes after launching it everytime until I delete it from the queue, and also the currently featured episode of Buried Treasure automatically starts 2 hours into the recording so I don't get to hear the show nor does it allow me to rewind back to 0:00 to hear it (it tells me I've used my maximum skips/rewinds)

Which brings me to a question. It seems that most of the On Demand recordings are much longer than the actual shows themselves. At first I thought it was just making sure that if a show goes long, none of it's missed, but then I realized a show that's just 1 hour can be anywhere from 4 to 6 hours in the system. Is this because they're just dumping the recording directly from the voicetrack system?

I'm curious then if the person who said that Jim Norton's obsessed shows up on demand 30 minutes after it airs, if you can actually fast forward and hear the next 5 hours that were playlisted after his show before they even air on the sats.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I've had good solid chances to use the Android app that last couple weeks what with being in a new job that doesn't heap a whole lot of responsibility on me...yet :p

Live content still has some serious glitches. My connection will suddenly stall and I'll get a "disconnected" message even though I have full signal and haven't moved my phone. When I tune back in I have to listen to the same last few minutes of the show & sometimes it freezes at the exact same point and won't go past until I wait 10 mins to tune again.

However, the On Demand is 99% solid! I've had virtually no disconnects, and in the rare event I do, I can pick up right where I left off in the recording. Two glitches are that if I get stalls in downloading an episode of something, it actually crashes the app a few minutes after launching it everytime until I delete it from the queue, and also the currently featured episode of Buried Treasure automatically starts 2 hours into the recording so I don't get to hear the show nor does it allow me to rewind back to 0:00 to hear it (it tells me I've used my maximum skips/rewinds)

Which brings me to a question. It seems that most of the On Demand recordings are much longer than the actual shows themselves. At first I thought it was just making sure that if a show goes long, none of it's missed, but then I realized a show that's just 1 hour can be anywhere from 4 to 6 hours in the system. Is this because they're just dumping the recording directly from the voicetrack system?

I'm curious then if the person who said that Jim Norton's obsessed shows up on demand 30 minutes after it airs, if you can actually fast forward and hear the next 5 hours that were playlisted after his show before they even air on the sats.
Great question- problem is with only 5 fast forwards p/hour, it would be impossible to get ahead of the live broadcast while listening On Demand. And it don't always become available at the same time every night.

Pirate Todd

Jan 5, 2009
I have a few questions about the SiriusXM on demand. If I understand correctly, you have to be subscribed to the internet service, in order to get the on demand shows.

Are you able to subscribe just to the internet service, so you can just access the on demand shows? I currently subscribe to SiriusXM and know you can add internet radio for an additional fee, but the main thing I use it for is Stern, so I figure I could just get the internet service for the on demand shows and listen on my iphone without having to have the other sub and possibly save money.

Also does the on demand Howard Stern show feature the wrap up show as well? I assume everything is commercial free also?

Also when listening to an on demand show and stopping the show, when you resume, does it go right back to the place you left off?

I appreciate any help with these questions.
Thank you

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I have a few questions about the SiriusXM on demand. If I understand correctly, you have to be subscribed to the internet service, in order to get the on demand shows.

Are you able to subscribe just to the internet service, so you can just access the on demand shows? I currently subscribe to SiriusXM and know you can add internet radio for an additional fee, but the main thing I use it for is Stern, so I figure I could just get the internet service for the on demand shows and listen on my iphone without having to have the other sub and possibly save money.

Also does the on demand Howard Stern show feature the wrap up show as well? I assume everything is commercial free also?

Also when listening to an on demand show and stopping the show, when you resume, does it go right back to the place you left off?

I appreciate any help with these questions.
Thank you

Yes, the daily Ondemand shows for THSS include the wrap up show as well, all commercial free. And yes, it does auto-resume where you left off assuming you closed out of the app cleanly and with no errors on android (I assume on IOS as well)

squigy0

Oct 14, 2008
Baltimore, MD
squigy0.ch00ns.com
The other question, I believe you can still subscribe to JUST the Internet and not the satellite for the same price as subscribing to the satellite.

BTW, for those asking about Eddie Trunk... :p
DumbSiriusXMOutsourcedJerk said:
> * Subject*
> When will Eddie Trunk be available on demand?
>
> * *
> * Response To Your Inquiry (SiriusXM Customer Care)* 09/29/2012 06:35 AM
> Dear Mr. __________,
>
> Thank you for contacting SiriusXM the On Demand feature of SiriusXM
> Internet Radio Service .
> Shows & On Demand is SiriusXM's interactive show guide, where you can
> easily find the programming you want. The guide includes shows that are
> currently playing, upcoming and available On Demand. If you have the
> SiriusXM app installed on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or
> compatible Android
> device,
> you can select shows to download to your device for offline
> listening. You can also use the show guide to add channels, shows and
> episodes to your Favorites list, and to set Show Alerts, so you never
> miss your favorite programming.
>
> You may also visit the link provided below for more information:
>
> On Demand - SiriusXM Radio
>
> Your patience in this matter is much appreciated.
>
> We are committed to providing you with the best in listener care. If you
> have any questions, feel free to reply to this email. You can always
> manage your account online 24/7 by clicking
> https://care.siriusxm.com/
>
> Thank you,
> Romel
> SiriusXM Listener Care
> 1-866-635-2349

AnnoyedMe said:
How did this answer my question?

SiriusXMPersonThatAnsweredQuestionButItsNotAGoodAnswer said:
Dear Mr. _________,

Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding Trunk Nation with Eddie Trunk on On Demand. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

You may refer to our SiriusXM Internet Radio On Demand Catalog below:

On Demand - SiriusXM Radio

However, if the programming you are inquiring is not included in our catalog, we regret to inform you that it is not part of our On Demand. We really appreciate for bringing up this concern and we will certainly forward your inquiry off to our appropriate programming department to look into this matter. This will, hopefully, further enhance the service which we provide.

We are committed to providing you with the best in listener care. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email. You can always manage your account online 24/7 by clicking
https://care.siriusxm.com/login_view.action

Thank you,

Brian
SiriusXM Listener Care
1-866-635-2349

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Seems like a computer generated response like most of SXM's feedback departments- it would be nice if we could get our requests to an actual person :banghead:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I sent a request for some shows to be added to On Demand 3 weeks ago and just got this:

Response To Your Inquiry (Victoria May) 10/01/2012 03:28 PM
Dear Mike A,

Thank you for contacting SiriusXM. We appreciate the time you have taken to express your comments and suggestions regarding our programming.

We continually rely on customer feedback like yours and research to enhance your entertainment experience. SiriusXM is a full service and support organization that realizes the key to success lies in providing outstanding customer satisfaction. It is feedbacks from customers that help us evaluate our performance. Your opinions and concerns will be helpful to us in improving our quality of service. We are forwarding your comments and suggestions to the appropriate department for consideration.

We hope you continue to enjoy SiriusXM's commercial-free music and entertainment programming. We are committed to providing you with the best in listener care. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email. You can always manage your account online 24/7 by clicking
https://care.siriusxm.com/login_view.action

Thank you,

May
SiriusXM Listener Care
1-866-635-2349

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Correction: I submitted that on August 23rd and they're just now forwarding my comments and suggestions to the appropriate department for consideration. :blah:

No need to hold our breath on getting our shows added :bitingnails: