Siriusly Sinatra (XM73)

Discussion in 'Jazz, Blues, Standards, Ambient' started by goreds2, Feb 4, 2009.

1. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Now that's something. Should be an interesting perspective.
  2. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I will have to listen via ON DEMAND

Playing Favorites

Duration: 05:15:31 | Expires in 12 Days | Aired 1/6 6:00PM EST

Each week, a guest celebrity host plays their favorite music from Frank Sinatra and other artists who celebrate the Great American Songbook, sharing with you what it is that makes these songs so special.
  3. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Ella Fitzgerald-In Her Own Words
    3:00 pm
    A rare conversattion with Ella Fitzgerald, recorded in 1972 by veteran broadcaster Wink Martindale. A Siriusly Sinatra exclusive!

Playing Favorites-Mitzi Gaynor
    This week...Mitzi Gaynor picks the music! Each week, a guest celebrity host plays their favorite music from Frank Sinatra and other artists who celebrate the Great American Songbook, sharing with you what it is that makes these songs so special
  4. SIRIUSaboutXM

This week on Playing Favorites, it's Debby Boone

Tonight @ 6 pm; Tue @ 9 pm; Thursday @ 9 am & Saturday @ 3 pm ET

[​IMG]

Debby’s new EP Album and show titled “Swing This†was inspired by her childhood years immersed in the Las Vegas “Swing†culture of the ‘60’s while traveling with her father, Pat Boone. “Swing This†is a reflection of the music, glamour, and pure exhilaration that led Debby to become a performer in the first place. In Debby’s own words, “Swing This†is “the party I've been waiting to throw my whol life.â€
  5. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

This week on Playing Favorites, it's Maureen McGovern!

Maureen Therese McGovern (born July 27, 1949) is an American singer and Broadway actress, well known for her premier renditions of the Oscar-winning songs "The Morning After" from the 1972 film The Poseidon Adventure and "We May Never Love Like This Again" from The Towering Inferno in 1974
  6. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Simple but enjoyable stuff
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SINATRA SINGS
    WITH TINA SINATRA
    Siriusly Sinatra Add to My Favs Fri Nov 7 12:00 am - Sat Nov 8 12:00 am--- From Dean Martin and Tony Bennett to Michael Buble and Diana Krall, Frank is joined by great artists and America's greatest songs.
  7. MadisonRadio1

8. MadisonRadio1

I heard Linda Ronstadt hosting Friday afternoon. She was quite a fan.
    HecticArt likes this.
  9. MadisonRadio1

I heard Michelle Lee hosting Saturday afternoon. She also was quite a fan.
  10. MadisonRadio1

Playing Favorites is on Saturday afternoons. I guess I get my days mixed up when I'm in my car.

3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
    Playing Favorites

Each week, a guest celebrity host plays their favorite music from Frank Sinatra and other artists who celebrate the Great American Songbook, sharing with you what it is that makes these songs so special.
    HecticArt likes this.
  11. MadisonRadio1

I caught the last half hour. It was Angie Dickinson this time. They seemed to always get good hosts.
    HecticArt likes this.
  12. IndustrialH

IndustrialH "So much music .... so little time..."

Aaron likes this.
  13. MadisonRadio1

Like anything, if people go to the shows, his legacy lives on.

What I like about the Sinatra channel, is that they play many modern acts with the classics. I'm even getting use to Rod Stewart on the playlist.
    HecticArt likes this.
  14. IndustrialH

I have the channel on a couple of times a day - if not more - my girlfriend has it as her channel of choice most days - it was just interesting to see an opinion going against the tide.
    MadisonRadio1 likes this.
  15. MadisonRadio1

Gloria Estefan was hosting Playing Favorites this afternoon
  16. MadisonRadio1

Here's more on the special Sinatra weekend. from Sirius XM. Plus its free to non subscribers:
    Enjoy some wine and lasagna
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Celebrate Frank Sinatra’s 100th birthday with a special weekend of programming on his exclusive SiriusXM channel, Siriusly Sinatra (channel 71). You’ll hear special shows hosted by Nancy, Tina and Frank Sinatra, Jr., plus exclusive comments from performers at the Sinatra 100 Concert in Las Vegas, including Lady Gaga, Adam Levine, Carrie Underwood, Garth Brooks, John Legend and more.

The weekend-long celebration will also include a live broadcast from Patsy’s Italian Restaurant in New York City hosted by Steve Tyrell, which will feature a national birthday “toast” to Frank at 3pm ET and PT inviting listeners to raise a glass to The Chairman of the Board.
    HecticArt likes this.
  17. MadisonRadio1

One of the local restaurants is having a Frank Sinatra party tonight and we are thinking of going.
    HecticArt and Aaron like this.
  18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That sounds like a fun night. It should get pretty drunk out if it's going to be authentic.
  19. IndustrialH

From BBC Radio 4's Newsletter .....

How Sinatra Are You? (A Quiz)
    Frank Sinatra was the epitome of cool – relaxed and urbane on stage, impeccably dressed, loyal to his friends, and a magnet for women. Men wanted to be him, women wanted to be with him, and apparently guinea pigs adored him. Let’s see whether you’d cut the mustard as Frank…

The Selling of Sinatra
    (To be Broadcast 20:00 Sat 19 Dec UK/GMT on BBC Radio 4- playback available online)
    Jazz singer Kurt Elling provides a unique take on Frank Sinatra, playing with the glitz and glamour, and discovering the dark undertones to a crooner's life that we thought we knew. In a centenary celebration, he analyses just how much image-making and effort went into turning Francis Albert Sinatra into plain old "Frank."

[​IMG]

20. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I only scored a 13.