SiriusStreamer is now SiriusXMStreamer - supporting both Sirius and XM Radio!

StevenD

Nov 23, 2010
Is there any way to force SiriusXMStreamer to use the "Standard" quality instead of "Premium"? I know, why would anybody want that, but I want to use the 32k stream while at work.

KeithAdv

Nov 28, 2010
Won't list all XM channels

I'm so thrilled to find SXMS! I have it running through PS3 Media Server and it (well, the part of it that works) works well.

However, I have a problem that I haven't seen listed anywhere else.

I have only an XM online account, not Sirius. When I ask SXMS to refresh the XM channel listing, it seems to collect about half of the channels and then aborts with the log showing this message: "an item with the same key has already been added."

The channels it has collected up to that point work fine. The missing ones are randomly scattered throughout (SXMS doesn't seem to collect the channels in sequential order--not mine, anyway). For example, I have the 60's and 80's channels, but no 70's, etc.

I'm not running Windows Media Center, just a stock Win XP config. Net Framework 3.5 is installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aaron

KeithAdv

Nov 28, 2010
Well, I tried various solutions, one of which was updating Net Framework to 3.5 SP1 and applying all the updates I could find. Nothing worked.

Finally, I stumbled across a workaround that will help me through for now. The bug in SiriusXMStreamer (with respect to XM) appears only when you try to REFRESH the channel list. I think there may be a programming error related to how the app is trying populate the XM data file. (However, I realize that, as far as I know, I'm the only person who has ever reported this problem!)

I used Add/Remove Programs to delete the app, then reinstalled a fresh version. The default XM data file that ships with SXMS seems OK. The only problem, of course, would be if XM changed their line-up after version 1.51 was released or changes it in the future. I know they sometimes do such things.

But I have all my favorite channels for now, so I'm happy with that.

I hope someone finds this information useful.

Gladman911

Apr 23, 2009
I am getting an error message
"cannot find the media file"
and of course it won't play. what could this be?

Freaky33

Nov 29, 2010
What happend with the Sirius streams? They loading in very, very slow.
I think it's my Windows Media Player what is connecting to the streams very slow. Not only the Sirius streams are loading in very slow, also other streams. Someone can tell me what it is and how I can resolve this? I'm using WMP 11 with Vista.

Last edited:

the2fox22

Dec 20, 2010
***Problem solved....on my computer reboot, the IP address changed, and that's where the problems came in***

I am not able to get the streamer to work at all this morning. I noticed my streams were not connecting, so I restarted and now every time I try to start the streamer I get the message

"The requested address is not valid in its context.
Server failed to start"

Any ideas?

Thanks! I love it and use it all of the time

Last edited:

Freaky33

Nov 29, 2010
What happend with the Sirius streams? They loading in very, very slow.
I think it's my Windows Media Player what is connecting to the streams very slow. Not only the Sirius streams are loading in very slow, also other streams. Someone can tell me what it is and how I can resolve this? I'm using WMP 11 with Vista.
Problem solved. It was a proxy server problem in the WMP 11 so all the streams loading in very slow. They loading in fast again.

cookiecrumbs

Mar 19, 2010
If The Endless is out there, I want to mention that my problem from this summer is solved. The SXMS interface is now working perfectly with my 64-bit laptop. No more right-click-menu'ing for five layers to get the mms code to get a station to load.

Thank you if you have been tweaking.

andersoz

May 1, 2010
Streamer Broken

Looks like SiriusXM finally updated their player to be completely flash based. Sad to say that SXMStreamer is broken now. Looks to be significantly more complex of a system to reverse engineer than before....Boooooo

StevenD

Nov 23, 2010
It looks like Sirius has yet again changed their online player. This morning on SXMS, I get:

7:13 AM: Welcome to SiriusXMStreamer v1.5.1.19947
7:13 AM: Checking for updates...
7:13 AM: No updates are available at this time.
7:13 AM: Starting server...
7:13 AM: Logging onto Sirius...
7:13 AM: Unable to identify captcha.
7:13 AM: Server failed to start.

bigdog731

Feb 4, 2011
You guys beat me to it. I am getting same stuff on this player and others. hate to use theirs from website

radiorabid

Feb 22, 2010
XM Login Forbidden

I had the same problem:
here's the script:
9:47 AM: Welcome to SiriusXMStreamer v1.9.5.22367
9:47 AM: Checking for updates...
9:47 AM: No updates are available at this time.
9:47 AM: Starting server...
9:47 AM: Logging onto XM...
9:47 AM: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
9:47 AM: Server failed to start.

MisterNasty

Feb 4, 2011
It looks like Sirius has yet again changed their online player. This morning on SXMS, I get:

7:13 AM: Welcome to SiriusXMStreamer v1.5.1.19947
7:13 AM: Checking for updates...
7:13 AM: No updates are available at this time.
7:13 AM: Starting server...
7:13 AM: Logging onto Sirius...
7:13 AM: Unable to identify captcha.
7:13 AM: Server failed to start.

Same here.:(

danhvos

Dec 6, 2009
I have not restarted my computer in many days. My SiriusXMStreamer is still working! So, I am hopeful that the fix will not be too bad.

TheEndless

Nov 23, 2009
Looks like SiriusXM finally updated their player to be completely flash based. Sad to say that SXMStreamer is broken now. Looks to be significantly more complex of a system to reverse engineer than before....Boooooo
Yes, significantly! I'm trying to find some way in, but it's not looking too promising at the moment... sorry for the inconvenience!

Bobak

Nov 29, 2009
Thank You

Yes, significantly! I'm trying to find some way in, but it's not looking too promising at the moment... sorry for the inconvenience!

Endless,

I just wanted to Thank You for all of your hard work and dedication with SiriusXM Streamer.

This app really makes the whole Sirius Internet Radio worth using since we do not need to log into a stupid web interface and click something every 10 minutes to confirm we are still awake.

Hopefully people will donate money or time to the cause so we can get it back up and running soon.

Anyway Keep Up the Great Work!