SiriusXM Buyers Guide

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I like it. If I didn't have an Edge with the Xtra channels and regular Onyx, I would get it. Looks like the blue screen is the only difference from the regular Onyx.

What's the best selling radio

The current Onyx is by far the best selling overall. For us though we sell more Starmate 8s. Because we have more legacy Sirius customers who buy from us.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Just an update and reminder here.

There are a lot of radios that are going away soon, as in the next month or two. You might be able to find them under a rock in 6 months but they will be tough to find.

Here is what is going away soon.
SCC1
Lynx
Starmate 8
XMP3i Portable
SRH2000 Home Tuner

Here is what is going away more towards the end of the year
SiriusXM Edge
XM Onyx

Towards the end of the year here is what will be the current product line
SiriusXM Onyx EZ
SiriusXM Onyx Pro (Really looking forward to this one)
Sirius Stratus 7
SXV300 Vehicle Tuner

SO if you are looking for a Portable, or an Internet Player or a Sirius Radio with the Replay feature NOW is the time to get them. They will be gone. The new product line will be simplified.

svzurich

Feb 1, 2013
Is the Stratus 7's feature set known? So far I only see the Stratus 6. Seems all of today's radios are a downgrade from my broken one.

As someone with a lifetime Sirius sub, which radio would you recommend today? Still the Starmate 8? Switch to SiriusXM and go Lynx? Or just pay $3.50 or so and go with my Android client? Streaming through my phone's wifi hotspot is an option...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
SO if you are looking for a Portable, or an Internet Player or a Sirius Radio with the Replay feature NOW is the time to get them. They will be gone. The new product line will be simplified.

And boring. (No offence to you guys you just carry them but SXM.)

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Is the Stratus 7's feature set known? So far I only see the Stratus 6. Seems all of today's radios are a downgrade from my broken one.

As someone with a lifetime Sirius sub, which radio would you recommend today? Still the Starmate 8? Switch to SiriusXM and go Lynx? Or just pay $3.50 or so and go with my Android client? Streaming through my phone's wifi hotspot is an option...

Pretty sure the Stratus 7 is just like the Stratus 6.

I would suggest for anyone open minded to be on the XM or SiriusXM side of things. Eventually that will be the platform things are more based on. So get situated there early. Plus you get more channels/features.

The Lynx is a really good value when you have home and car kits for $20. So you can get a Lynx and kits for less than $200 and really make good use of it in the car and home.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
And boring. (No offence to you guys you just carry them but SXM.)

I totally understand. Believe me I do. That said we've seen the aftermarket shrink and shrink over the years and not sure the market can support the specialization of what it once did. And I think some of the more cool radios came at a cost to the company.We can only hope things come back around. I don't think putting ALL your eggs in the Internet basket is good considering how many other variables are going on.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I totally understand. Believe me I do. That said we've seen the aftermarket shrink and shrink over the years and not sure the market can support the specialization of what it once did. And I think some of the more cool radios came at a cost to the company.We can only hope things come back around. I don't think putting ALL your eggs in the Internet basket is good considering how many other variables are going on.

I can see reducing the line but the R&D is done on the Lynx. Ongoing costs can't be that much and it would give them 1 high end model. Seems silly to kill it now.

And I am pissed that when my SL2 does die, there won't be a radio to replace it with.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

There are a lot of radios that are going away soon, as in the next month or two. You might be able to find them under a rock in 6 months but they will be tough to find.

SCC1
Lynx
Starmate 8
XMP3i Portable
SRH2000 Home Tuner

SiriusXM Edge
XM Onyx

SiriusXM Onyx EZ
Sirius Stratus 7
SXV300 Vehicle Tuner

Pretty sure the Stratus 7 is just like the Stratus 6.

I would suggest for anyone open minded to be on the XM or SiriusXM side of things. Eventually that will be the platform things are more based on. So get situated there early. Plus you get more channels/features.

The Lynx is a really good value when you have home and car kits for $20. So you can get a Lynx and kits for less than $200 and really make good use of it in the car and home.

Based off these two posts, if someone wants Howard's channels, they're either looking at a few options:

1) Paying for XM with a best of package.
2) Paying for the SiriusXM lineup (and what that means, I don't know.)
3) Paying for a Sirius-only lineup and having a very simple radio.
4) Going internet-only through phone or computer.
5) ????

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011

SCC1
Lynx
Starmate 8
XMP3i Portable
SRH2000 Home Tuner

SiriusXM Edge
XM Onyx

SiriusXM Onyx EZ
Sirius Stratus 7
SXV300 Vehicle Tuner

Just to confirm:
All newer models no more skip back/rewind/pause?- (Focusing these feature exclusively via the internet app now?)-
Wish they would add more than 10 favorites though.

The SiriusXM Onyx EZ- is basically the XM Onyx w/ 2.0 capability?
The onyx Pro- will be the "cream of the crop" model?- what will be different about the display?
Stratus 7- replacements for existing Sirius units? (Hopefully with compatible connections) :)
The vehicle tuner- replacement for existing as well I assume.

Thnx in advance :)

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Just to confirm:
All newer models no more skip back/rewind/pause?- (Focusing these feature exclusively via the internet app now?)-
Wish they would add more than 10 favorites though.

The SiriusXM Onyx EZ- is basically the XM Onyx w/ 2.0 capability?
The onyx Pro- will be the "cream of the crop" model?- what will be different about the display?
Stratus 7- replacements for existing Sirius units? (Hopefully with compatible connections) :)
The vehicle tuner- replacement for existing as well I assume.

Thnx in advance :)

Onyx EZ, not sure right now. It hasn't come out to us yet, once it does I should know.

Onyx Pro. Can't say about the display right now but it's :bigthumbup:

Stratus 7, works will all the existing Universal Sirius equipment/docks yep.

Vehicle Tuner, Sirius one goes away is replaced with SiriusXM version with much more features.

And to mention again the new Sirius model WON'T have Replay so if that's a feature you like get the Starmate 8 while you can.

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
Onyx EZ, not sure right now. It hasn't come out to us yet, once it does I should know.

Onyx Pro. Can't say about the display right now but it's :bigthumbup:

Stratus 7, works will all the existing Universal Sirius equipment/docks yep.

Vehicle Tuner, Sirius one goes away is replaced with SiriusXM version with much more features.

And to mention again the new Sirius model WON'T have Replay so if that's a feature you like get the Starmate 8 while you can.

Taylor- when you mention NO replay anymore going forward- on Sirius you mean for all SiriusXM units correct?

PS- the xtra suction mount and car dock I purchased from you are perfect for replacements for me for the Edge- thnx again- :)

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Taylor- when you mention NO replay anymore going forward- on Sirius you mean for all SiriusXM units correct?

PS- the xtra suction mount and car dock I purchased from you are perfect for replacements for me for the Edge- thnx again- :)

Yeah no replay on Sirius units. The SiriusXM Units will still have it. As in the Onyx Pro (fairly certain)

I don't want to speculate and overpromise anymore than I already have.

Glad you like the suction cup mounts. That's another thing that came standard but isn't anymore.