SiriusXM Buyers Guide

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yeah no replay on Sirius units. The SiriusXM Units will still have it. As in the Onyx Pro (fairly certain)

I don't want to speculate and overpromise anymore than I already have.

Glad that it looks like replays are still likely for the SXM models in the future.
With all of the great stuff the Lynx does, I find that I mostly use live satellite and replays anyway. Sad to see all of the bells and whistles go away. It was mostly just nice knowing that they were there.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I expect the Onyx Pro to have a large touch screen and smart-radio features like voice-controlled audio playback, My SXM and the ability to use a smartphone as an Onyx remote. Throw in multiple backlight colors and a mixtrax option for up to five presets.

All this is straight off the top of my head. I have no crystal ball knowledge about Satrad 3.0.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I expect the Onyx Pro to have a large touch screen and smart-radio features like voice-controlled audio playback, My SXM and the ability to use a smartphone as an Onyx remote. Throw in multiple backlight colors and a mixtrax option for up to five presets.

All this is straight off the top of my head. I have no crystal ball knowledge about Satrad 3.0.

This is really setting up everyone for disappointment Ha

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Figures some consumers get use to some sweet devices and the company gets rid of some of them. I'm going to stick with the Lynx as long as I can until mine dies out and as I don't plan on buying P2P units anymore. It pretty much the smartphones and satellite in the car are the future.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I'm guessing this means support for the Lynx is essentially dead. Sad, we never got mysxm added, maybe they will still release it before they stop supporting it. I love my lynx.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Well for people who own or want to purchase a Lynx, you know their wont be a better radio produced any time soon or ever unless the Onyx Pro is really really something. In the past, it was always a question of buying a current model or waiting to see what the next line of radios would be like. Now I really like my Edge. I think it will last a very long time but would be disappointing if it dies out. Which still poses whether the Onyx Pro will be better since it could have a better display and carry Xtra channels. Considering that SIRIUSaboutXM posted that Pink Floyd will be on Xtra channels soon but Taylor is posting the Lynx, Edge and 2.0 tuner will be discontinued by the end of the year, it would be a good guess that the Onyx Pro and the 3.0 tuner will carry Xtra channels. But it sounds like I would still know what the Onyx Pro will cost and be like before the Edge is discontinued.

It's also more fun to speculate what is going on with SXM programming and radios than what is going on at my workplace :jj:

wickerbill

Jan 20, 2009
Tulsa, OK
FYI, TSS Radio got the Lynx back in stock this afternoon. I ordered mine and got a shipping email with a tracking number less than ten minutes later!

It's time to finally use my first lifetime transfer from my PNP300 that I activated more than eight years ago. I was waiting for the Lynx replacement, but since it doesn't look like it will be coming this seems like the best radio to move my lifetime sub to now that I can transfer it to an XM radio. I can't wait to hook it up on Monday. I have been using a skydock in the car I drive most of the time and I'm trying to figure out how to have both hooked up since the skydock is a great dock for my iPhone when I'm using it for navigation and to listen to other music services.

svzurich

Feb 1, 2013
I received the In Stock email from TSS Radio today and was kicking myself because I had paid more for one on Amazon when I tired of waiting for it to be in stock. Got it too late in the day to get on my PC to see about transferring my lifetime subscription over to SiriusXM (pain to do via tablet from my girlfriend's home with wonky wifi).

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
I know that they were, but then I saw that earlier this week (Thursday) that they were back in stock.
I think I'm at the point of replacing my SL100 for one of these...

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
They can usually set one aside for you if they get more in.
I still love my Lynx. It's too bad that it was too expensive for SXM to produce.

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
I just need something better than my S100. If I run (really run) from my office to my car - I have just enough juice to keep the power on with all 5 batteries that I have...

I think the Lynx looks like it has what I want

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It's doubtful that we'll see a radio with this many features for quite some time. Between the cost to make them and the new internet services that SXM is pushing, it seems likely that see how much they can leverage the web services before they start investing in full featured portables again. But it's just a guess on my part.

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
Hectic - your points are why I think it's time.
I have my lifetime and I see that refurbed models are available on the SXM website. Not sure that I want to go that route though...

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Buying used radios just seems kinda like buying used socks to me. Sure it'll work, but new is just more comforting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
I agree, but my Stiletto is like a sock with holes in all of the toes... :) I need something a little more practical.