SiriusXM Catch of the Day

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
A three-fer from XMU:

Sunday Driver - The Raconteurs

Almost Had To Start a Fight/ In and Out of Patience - Parquet Courts

Question: what song does Beck write, after listening to Lady Madonna?

Dear Life - Beck

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
I have never gotten into XMU. Don't know why. It's my kinda music
Just the other day, I was discussing the channels with a friend. In many ways, XMU is the best one (amongst those I listen to), because they have a fairly deep playlist, the DJs actually talk about the songs and artists (as opposed to random thoughts about hair, weather, driving, a concert they went to etc.), they don't do insufferable promos about other SXM programming, they don't air a canned "mission statement" every 10 minutes, or have annoying segue sound effects, or Madison, or tell you where they're broadcasting from. And they play the most new music of any channel.

On the downside, they play the current hits in rotation every 2 to 4 hours. That sucks, but in a way, it's also good. Because they play stuff I've never heard before, from bands I haven't heard of. So by repeating, it actually sinks in.

The other problem (depending on your taste) is that they play a lot of ambient, electronica, synth dance pop stuff. This song is in heavy rotation

^And this may be why you don't listen.

Speaking of fighting

I've always liked this song.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
Just the other day, I was discussing the channels with a friend. In many ways, XMU is the best one (amongst those I listen to), because they have a fairly deep playlist, the DJs actually talk about the songs and artists (as opposed to random thoughts about hair, weather, driving, a concert they went to etc.), they don't do insufferable promos about other SXM programming, they don't air a canned "mission statement" every 10 minutes, or have annoying segue sound effects, or Madison, or tell you where they're broadcasting from. And they play the most new music of any channel.

On the downside, they play the current hits in rotation every 2 to 4 hours. That sucks, but in a way, it's also good. Because they play stuff I've never heard before, from bands I haven't heard of. So by repeating, it actually sinks in.

The other problem (depending on your taste) is that they play a lot of ambient, electronica, synth dance pop stuff. This song is in heavy rotation

^And this may be why you don't listen.

I've always liked this song.
XMU is growing on me, I mainly stick to Outlaw Country, First Wave and Real Jazz as my regulars, but XMU has been sounding good lately. I did catch the Raconteurs song there and liked it.