SiriusXM Catch of the Day

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Public Image Ltd
Rise
From Lithium (Tom Morello’s show)

I just found out that Steve Vai is playing guitar on this one. That’s kind of crazy to me.

Reactions: Aaron

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Oh my God, Master P recorded a parody of Curtis Mayfield's Freddie's Dead about poor lil' Kenny McCormick from South Park, who winds up dying in almost every episode. Kenny's Dead by Master P and Chef (Isaac Hayes) appears on the 1998 album Chef Aid: The South Park Album. Here is the video:

Reactions: HecticArt

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The Loft just played Can't Fight, the third single from Lianne La Havas' third CD, which is cleverly titled Lianne La Havas and isn't even out yet. It will be released July 17. It also includes a remake of Radiohead’s Weird Fishes. La Havas, born Lianne Charlotte Barnes in London, sang background vocals for Paloma Faith before signing with Warner Bros. in 2010. Two of La Havas' singles, Lost & Found and What You Won't Do, reached the top 20 of Billboard's adult R&B chart. Can't Fight looks to be her biggest hit yet:

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The Loft just played Can't Fight, the third single from Lianne La Havas' third CD, which is cleverly titled Lianne La Havas and isn't even out yet. It will be released July 17. It also includes a remake of Radiohead’s Weird Fishes. La Havas, born Lianne Charlotte Barnes in London, sang background vocals for Paloma Faith before signing with Warner Bros. in 2010. Two of La Havas' singles, Lost & Found and What You Won't Do, reached the top 20 of Billboard's adult R&B chart. Can't Fight looks to be her biggest hit yet:

I'll have to check out her cover of Weird Fishes.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
1st Wave just played p:Machinery by Propaganda, a a new-wave trio from Düsseldorf, West Germany. p:Machinery went to number one in Spain in 1985 and was also a big hit in France, Italy, Belgium and the Netherlands. It reached #10 on Billboard's dance chart and was featured in an episode of Miami Vice. The video is truly bizarre. Hurry and watch!

Reactions: sadchild

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Heard this for the first time on my way into work today.

I've heard Bird And Bee do other covers and I think they're kinda fun but also kinda kitschy. This one falls in that category too, but I thought that the Devil guitar riff on piano sounded really interesting. I was intrigued and kinda enjoyed it, in the same way when Ben Folds or Reel Big Fish do covers, they are intentionally odd but fun.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Heard this for the first time on my way into work today.

I've heard Bird And Bee do other covers and I think they're kinda fun but also kinda kitschy. This one falls in that category too, but I thought that the Devil guitar riff on piano sounded really interesting. I was intrigued and kinda enjoyed it, in the same way when Ben Folds or Reel Big Fish do covers, they are intentionally odd but fun.

I heard this last halloween (I think), XMU was doing a day of covers (get it? Bands dressing up as other bands), and this one stood out as being really cool. Good pick!

Reactions: sadchild

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
From Channel 32 U2 X-Radio
Bruce Springsteen
There Goes My Miracle

I'm not usually much of a Springsteen fan, but I hadn't heard this one before, and Bruce surprised me.
It's a different side of his voice that shows up here.
It's like he's channeling Bowie and Sinatra. There's a power and clarity that make this song stand out.

Reactions: Aaron