SiriusXM Catch of the Day

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Sirius XMU has been playing this rendition from the Grateful Dead cover album

The National - Morning Dew

I have never heard of The National. Madison, on Lithium today, said the singer had about as deep a voice as Crash Test Dummies singer.

To me, he sounds like Michael Stipe

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
That's from their 1st album, which is a side project for The Shins' James Mercer and producer-artist Danger Mouse. They put out a 2nd album in 2014, with the hit song Holding On For Life, which has a definite Bee Gees vibe

Cool song. Sounds familiar. Maybe it's the Bee Gee thing

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I have never heard of The National. Madison, on Lithium today, said the singer had about as deep a voice as Crash Test Dummies singer.

To me, he sounds like Michael Stipe
They've done SNL once or twice, plus all the talk shows. This is probably their biggest hit, it's made it's way to the adult contemporary stations (also, lead singer Matt Berninger has a side project called EL VY, which has a radio hit with Return To The Moon)

The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
They've done SNL once or twice, plus all the talk shows. This is probably their biggest hit, it's made it's way to the adult contemporary stations (also, lead singer Matt Berninger has a side project called EL VY, which has a radio hit with Return To The Moon)

The National - Bloodbuzz Ohio

Good tune. The trumpet reminds me of Mexican music. Gives it a good vib

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Glorified G
Pearl Jam
Lithium

I had gotten sooooo tired of PJ back in the day, but this one always stood in there.

I was one of those too, but Pearl Jam isn't so bad anymore. It helps to get into their deeper stuff.

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Here's a fun one from Electric Six
Danger! High Voltage
From Sirius XMU

Another trippy video.

Really creepy video, but the song is catchy (they play it on Sirius XMU on a regular basis).

It's funny that you posted that, because I was meaning to post another Electric Six song, and never got around to it. If I made a list of songs to play at a party, this would be right at the top. If this doesn't get you moving, you're dead.

Electric Six - Gay Bar

Reactions: semipenguin

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
On SiriusXMU

New song from the upcoming, long-awaited second album from Jagwar Ma. Every time I hear this, I think that its just the most perfectly appealing dance club song. Which then reminds me of the scene in High Fidelity, when Jon Cusack's character puts on Dry The Rain from The Beta Band, because he knows it'll have the same effect on his customers.

Jagwar Ma – O B 1

Scene from High Fidelity (ignore the spanish subtitles)