SiriusXM Fly

Discussion in 'Hip Hop, R&B, Old School' started by dlnester, Sep 27, 2012.

1. dlnester

dlnester Active Member

2. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

I was wondering why I got an online channel update on my lynx.
  3. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

I can't believe Sirius added an extra channel to the R&B genre, now lets wait and see which channel they will remove from the R&B genre to make room for another Rock channel. Of course it's online only.
  4. i-l-l

i-l-l New Member

This is by far the BEST channel not on the satellites.

Uncensored/Random/Not just singles

It beat backspin on my #2 channel list.
  5. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

6. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

SXM FLY Team Big News: It’s a very special weekend folks as SiriusXM is giving you a sneak peek of “FLY†starting this Friday Noon ET. The Heat [Ch. 47] is letting us take over their station for this special event and to add to the fun, we’re inviting…Ashanti, SWV, Ralph Tresvant, Faith Evans, AZ, and more to play some of your favorite HITS and make you fall in LOVE with us.

[​IMG]

Admin- please change thread title to SiriusXM Fly
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  7. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Your source for commercial free Hip Hop & R&B from the 90s & 2000’s

SiriusXM Fly Preview Weekend on The Heat

SiriusXM Fly has taken over The Heat for a special preview weekend event! To add to the fun, we’re inviting Ashanti, SWV, Ralph Tresvant, Faith Evans, AZ, and more to play some of your favorite HITS

Artists You'll Hear: Mary J. Blige, Outkast, Aaliyah, Jay-Z, P. Diddy, Destiny’s Child, Jodeci
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  8. SIRIUSaboutXM

So, not a big hit for any DRC members? Not a genre I listen to, so I can't make a valid observation, but the twitter universe has had a huge buzz about this- everyone loves it and not 1 negative response! Word is that it will become available on satellites soon. How, where & when no one knows.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZQ3FiKf09M]The Offspring - Pretty Fly for a White Guy Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  9. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Thread title fixed. Nice reward.

Not my preferred time period in music history, but I suppose I should give this channel a listen..
  10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Yeah, I'm more of a De La Soul and Tribe Called Quest kind of a guy.
  11. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Outkast ain't bad, the rest not so much.

This sounds like the 90s hip hop station on slacker.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
  12. j_mact

j_mact New Member

Loved the channel

I listened to the station over most of the weekend. Loved the selection of music! The Hip/Hop and R&B genre has been ignored for such a long time (IMO) this was really a treat.

I really hope they add this as a permanent channel.
  13. SIRIUSaboutXM

Glad you enjoyed it- I'm very surprised the younger DRC members hadn't had any input about this :confused:

You should follow SXM Fly on twitter- they are very active and take requests! They are very interactive with their fans and welcome your comments @SiriusXMFly
  14. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Turn SXM fly on for my friends who are tired of the rock channels at parties. It's a hit.
  15. dlnester

dlnester Active Member

The name of my Wi-Fi access point is "PRETTY FLY FOR A WIFI"
  16. SIRIUSaboutXM

I wonder if J- Lo from In Living Color has anything to do with this channel?
  17. SIRIUSaboutXM

Fly 4 the birds on the 4th

This just in:
    SIRIUS XM FLY TAKES OVER SIRIUS XM CH. 111 - IN TIME FOR THE JULY 4TH HOLIDAYS. WE’RE BRINGING YOU ANOTHER SNEAK-PEAK OF THE FLY-EST MUSIC. STARTING JULY 4TH 6am ET AND RUNNING FOR 7 DAYS!

[​IMG]
  18. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

3rd Bass hosts 'The FLY Times'
    Tonight 8:00 pm ET
    Are you READY for...'The FLY Times'? SiriusXM FLY connects you with the STARS of the 90s and 2000’s. It's your VIP Pass to hear their stories, songs, plus their views on the fashion's & styles from the decade's we enjoyed so much. To begin this extravaganza we have invited the legendary rap group, 3rd Bass to host our premiere show. Reminisce with the stars on SiriusXM FLY.

Rebroadcast: Fri 10/4 9:00 pm ET; Sat 10/5 10:00 pm ET; Sun 10/6 11:00 pm ET
  19. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Add to your calendars, The FLY Times special continues this week as John Legend stops by to host the next installment. SXM FLY connects you with the FLYest stars of the 90s & 2000s as they play songs, discuss styles & fashion, favorite Hip-Hop and R&B collaberations from 2 of the greatest decades & more. Wed. 8pmET #FLYTeam
  20. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Show Alert- this Wed 8pET our #FLYTimesSXM special will be hosted by Mr. Boombastic @DiRealShaggy + he's performing for us. #SiriusXM