SiriusXM Introduces SiriusXM Edge, the First 2.0 Satellite Radio to Support the Expan

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
$16.99 is Prem which included regular XM and Best of Sirius! That price does not include royalty fees or tax if your state has tax.

DAB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I think the price for the Lynx takes it out of range for a lot of folks. Especially considering docks are extra! It's a nice setup though!

DAB

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I think the price for the Lynx takes it out of range for a lot of folks. Especially considering docks are extra! It's a nice setup though!

That is true!

Lynx - $249.99
Home Dock - $69.99
Vehicle Dock - $69.99
Total - $389.97 w/o tax

The Edge price does look better, but Lynx offers wi-fi and touchscreen which is a big plus for me! Plus bluetooth, micro SD card to some people.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

DAB

Don't get me wrong, the Edge looks really cool, but I listen to my satellite at least 10 hours a day. I'm going to indulge myself a little bit with the Lynx.

A 32gb iPod touch is $300. $250 for the Lynx seems pretty good to me for live tunes.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Don't get me wrong, the Edge looks really cool, but I listen to my satellite at least 10 hours a day. I'm going to indulge myself a little bit with the Lynx.

A 32gb iPod touch is $300. $250 for the Lynx seems pretty good to me for live tunes.

Well I think you should! Personally I plan to make due with my iPhone and Sirius XM app. I may even use the Samsung Galaxy Player too. The Edge is more appealing if I was going to buy hardware.

However if they do not clean up these wifi feeds I may end up buying equipment. I have been really disappointed with SIR sound quality.

DAB

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
That will teach them. If you don't fix this, I am giving you more money! :)

Yeah, doesn't make a lot of sense does it? I have strongly considered canceling all together to be honest. The recent thread on why I canceled Sat Radio has sort of giving me a real nudge in that direction. LOL

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
I'm currently on a Sirius Sportster 3, if I get this I'm in for one heck of a freaking transfer of my account aren't I?

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
Ya but it's moving over to XM technically right? Plus I have a current Sirius subscription, I'm just hoping it's not an issue moving it all over, or did they finally get the billing merged together to make changes like this easier?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Ya but it's moving over to XM technically right? Plus I have a current Sirius subscription, I'm just hoping it's not an issue moving it all over, or did they finally get the billing merged together to make changes like this easier?

I think the billing will finally get merged when the Mayan's finally update their calendar. :rofl2:

I could be mistaken, but I was under the impression that you wouldn't have to sign-up/transfer to XM billing to use these radios. We'll have to see if we can find any more info on the subject.

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Uggh And they wont move credit will they?

I don't think so! It is crazy though no reason this could not be worked out by giving CSR's access to both systems. You do not have to combine them to do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm sure not holding my breath, and by no means expect that they will do the right thing with billings, but it seem that with this new chapter/direction, they need to do SOMETHING to get the existing Sirius accounts switched over.

Time will tell.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I've never had a radio with a Replay list before. I can do housework or go to the bathroom, come back twenty minutes later and see if I missed any of my favorites songs. Now when the additional 2.0 features come out, we'll see if I'm allowed to save those songs as favorites.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Happy that MadisonRadio1 loves their Edge. I saw one on display at Best Buy. The channel selection knob lags and dominates the display. Some of the logos are difficult to read, bu the imaging is superior. the recording and playback keys are in easy to use locations. The thing I like the least is the number sign has to be used before punching in a channel selection. The preset knobs are looking good.

Like to ask a user how they like the jump button and functionality. Ditto the sound quality within their system configuration.

To Best Buy's discredit the Onyx was in their weekly ad with nary a mention about the new 2.0 kid on the block. Time to make a phone call Mel.

Last edited:

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Still enjoying this radio a lot. When Fran Tarkenton joined SXM on Stars Too, I switched from the Family Plan to the Select Plan, to pick up his show. An extra $1 per month. As it turned out, his show was switched to the Stars channel three weeks later. But I'm enjoying the 2.0 Carlin Corner channel and the Dirty Dog channel so I'm glad I switched anyway.

haroldcm

Apr 22, 2012
how do I transfer my lifetime sirius to xm sirius. my steletto 100 died and am very limited in choices