SiriusXM Updates iOS App

MUSCLE13

Dec 11, 2011
You're so intent on arguing that you're missing the point.
This isn't the person who's balls you should be busting. He's offered to help us out with certain things, and he isn't responsible for other things. He's not corporate, he didn't decide what app got released first, he doesn't decide release dates. If you have a problem with the suits, take it up with them.

It would be great for our community if he can stick around and answer what questions he can answer, but if all he gets is a hard time, I can't see him bothering with us for very long.

So no, I'm not kidding you. Take it easy, relax, and don't bust my balls about it either. Seriously.

That is probably the most condescending post I have ever read on any internet board. You will be happy to read this will be my last time posting or reading this board.

A person who claims to work for Sirius comes on this board and states a vague 2.0 internet timetable, which he states he cannot elaborate on because Sirius may get complaints if they are late.

I say I am totally insulted by Sirius for releasing this app first to iPhone users and not to all its internet users and then YOU HecticArt - tell me to

1. Talk about the Lynx not the net on this thread
2. complain to someone else when this Sirius employee posted this vague info about the net rollout here
3. and then say this employee only is responsible for the Lynx when he is posting a vague 2.0 internet timetable unrelated to the Lynx, and says he doesn't want the company to get complaints about it.

No need to ban me for voicing on honest opinion. I am banning myself :banned:

Bye!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Sorry you feel that way.
I'll admit that I had the Lynx and ios app threads confused reading the replies on the TapaTalk small screen (that's my bad,) but I stand by my point that complaints need to go the the right people, and Lynx's ain't that person.
Feel free to check back in if you like.

Lynx's ATS

Jan 1, 2012
Remember that Lynx's is independent contracted support for the Lynx radio and not corporate for SXM. Two entirely different things. He doesn't make decisions of that nature.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

To be fair, yes I don't have any say in which comes out first or when they are released, but I can tell you that the Lynx radio is designed with the ability to listen either via satellite on a compatible dock or Internet radio via wifi. Not entirely sure what point I'm trying to make, most likely it's that siriusxm is designing things for ALL their customers, and it's just a matter of time before you get your 2.0 app as well.

Lynx's ATS

Jan 1, 2012
Well again, i don't represent siriusxm in any significant way, I'm not being paid to come here and do this. The only reason that I know anything about the 2.0 media player coming out at all is due to every siriusxm employee getting training on what's up and coming for the company. In fact I might get in trouble just for what I have said about it, I'm trying to minimize the damage and not get fired for spreading dates that turnout incorrect or whatever. I'm sorry that you feel the way you do and I hope I continue to see you on these forums though.

That is probably the most condescending post I have ever read on any internet board. You will be happy to read this will be my last time posting or reading this board.

A person who claims to work for Sirius comes on this board and states a vague 2.0 internet timetable, which he states he cannot elaborate on because Sirius may get complaints if they are late.

I say I am totally insulted by Sirius for releasing this app first to iPhone users and not to all its internet users and then YOU HecticArt - tell me to

1. Talk about the Lynx not the net on this thread
2. complain to someone else when this Sirius employee posted this vague info about the net rollout here
3. and then say this employee only is responsible for the Lynx when he is posting a vague 2.0 internet timetable unrelated to the Lynx, and says he doesn't want the company to get complaints about it.

No need to ban me for voicing on honest opinion. I am banning myself :banned:

Bye!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Alright, As an employee for siriusxm I have something to say about the online interface we are putting out.

its being released in waves. first time you log in you may get a screen saying something like "would you like to beta test the new media player?" and you have the option of pulling it up. 45 people are going to be getting the chance when it begins and they will be the only people with it for about a week, then 7 days after it launches they are going to launch it out to about 250 people or so and they will all have it, then at 2 weeks after the initial starting launch, 1000 people will get it, followed by everyone at the month mark.

this is a rough estimate but thats what we were told. if any of you get the new media player then please dont hesitate to post or email in suggestions to customercare@siriusxm.com

(I am not affiliated with siriusxm in a sponsership manner, I am an employee posting of my own violation, not on behalf of siriusxm)
The new online player is now available, but we can't login

https://www.siriusxm.com/player/beta/

scaled_169.jpeg

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Just got off the phone with advanced tech support-

about 1000 subscribers were randomly picked to test this Beta version- no dates have been set to release it to the public

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Just got off the phone with advanced tech support-

about 1000 subscribers were randomly picked to test this Beta version- no dates have been set to release it to the public

If they haven't adjusted the schedule to make corrections to the software or for some other reason, it sounds like it could be a month out from what Lynx's relayed. :bigthumbup:

It's nice to see these little peeks into what's going on. It's been a while since we've seen a lot of activity and updates.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Love a good Hectic vs. anybody thread.

Love it. don't mess with the mod's baby!!!!

Not buying the lynx anyway--don't care.

LOL! :hatsoff: And thanks?????

I really wasn't trying to bust his balls or chase him away. (I do hope he wanders back some time.) It's just that we get so few chances for direct interaction with SXM representatives, and I don't want them feeling badgered or like they are being put on the spot. Sirius used to frown on having their staff participate in forums like this because the conversations can go astray. Respecting why they are here should prove more valuable for everyone in the long run.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
LOL! :hatsoff: And thanks?????

I really wasn't trying to bust his balls or chase him away. (I do hope he wanders back some time.) It's just that we get so few chances for direct interaction with SXM representatives, and I don't want them feeling badgered or like they are being put on the spot. Sirius used to frown on having their staff participate in forums like this because the conversations can go astray. Respecting why they are here should prove more valuable for everyone in the long run.

Saying you're from SXM is like opening up Pandora's box. Expect to get a shitton of questions.