Sl2 Gets No Reception On Dock

Jeff

Aug 26, 2016
I have a Stiletto 2 and it has a problem getting antenna reception while on the SLV2 dock. I have a Directed SoloD1 Sirius Dock for inside my house and it works fine. It gets good reception while indoors.

However when I put in on a brand new SLV2 car dock that I bought, it doesn't detect that it's docked and it doesn't get any antenna signal. None of the preset buttons on the SLV2 light up either.

I appreciate any insight, thanks!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Hi Jeff.
Welcome to the DRC. Sorry that you're having problems with your radio.
If it's just the one dock that's giving you issues, check to make sure the contacts are in good shape. Is it getting power? And do you have a different antenna that you can try with it?

Jeff

Aug 26, 2016
Only the Directed SoloD1 dock works. I have a Sportster car dock and a SLV2 car dock which both don't work. On the Directed SoloD1 dock, which ones, the Stiletto says DOCKED in the settings. In the others it just says NOT DOCKED.

Could it be software? I haven't updated the firmware in ages. However when I plug it into the My Sirius Studio, it says there is no update available.

I'm running ZAP: 2.0.4.64538r
Baseband: 00.14.68

Which I know is old, but how can I update it?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Is it different antenna, or the same one on the docks that aren't working? Are they docks that used to work for you, or did you just get them?

You may need some help from our friends over at TSS Radio.
I believe to get the updates to load (since Sirius stopped supporting them) you need an XP machine that has some custom software on it.

Jeff

Aug 26, 2016
I'm using the same antenna where it works with one dock but not the other. The same power supply works for both the non-working and the working docks so my best guess now is that there's a software bug which doesn't detect the car docks.

Jeff

Aug 26, 2016
Yes, I've reset and erased the thing too. Doesn't seem to be any current way to grab the updates over the internet either. :(

Last edited: