slacker forums closed

Discussion in 'Slacker Radio' started by Kevin2500, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Kevin2500

Kevin2500 New Member

As of today... slacker closed the forums. Hopefully they restore it so we can send artist requests to the programmers.
  2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

They haven't looked at the forums for months so it doesn't really matter if they restore them. Everybody who counts uses FaceBook ya know. :rolleyes:
  3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

You can make artist request via facebook or twitter. I think it was smart to ditch that forum, it was a ghost town.
  4. IdRatherBeSkiing

It was only a ghost town because they pulled out of it. They killed it so they could kill it.

I imagine I will not post anything to them on either FaceBook or twitter. If the service becomes unsatisfactory (it's borderline now) I will cancel and move on.
  5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Even when they were active in providing support, in general they directed subscribers to call in or do chat.

I still think radio station wise SLACKER is the best. Not sure what makes them borderline.

Sent from Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk
  6. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I know their Classic Alternative station is the shit. They play the same Pearl Jam songs you hear on the radio, but they also play the deeper stuff, sometimes WAY deeper. Their dance channels are pretty good too, although I do wish they'd find a way to incorporate some mix shows.
  7. IdRatherBeSkiing

They are repetitive. I have had to ban the same artist multiple times on one station. Their app is buggy. But they are adequate when I am in the right mood. But their ability to cache music on my phone is a huge plus and probably the reason I remain a subscriber.
  8. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

All these services are repetitive to some degree.

Sent from Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk
  9. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

iTunes has that problem on the artist channels. The 'genre' channels aren't too bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. squigy0

squigy0 Member

It looks like their forums have been redirected to a Knowledge Base page that you can't post on.