Slacker Spotlight "Hits Of The 2000's"

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
To me there seems to be little difference between this, Today's Hits, and Party Hits. But between Party and 2000s, I'm jammin' like it was yesturday... which it was. :headphones:

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
And this is like Pop2K but it intertwines alot of stations.

I think it's better than Pop2k, because 2k seems more focused on the newer stuff, with the older stuff coming on every once in a while. Hits of the 2000s seems pretty balanced.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
meh. My least favorite decade. Can't really get into it. Maybe I'm getting old. ;) This is about the time I quit listening to the radio.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I think it's better than Pop2k, because 2k seems more focused on the newer stuff, with the older stuff coming on every once in a while. Hits of the 2000s seems pretty balanced.

I agree I find it much more balanced that Pop2K in terms of keeping it even between currents and older stuff in the decade.

meh. My least favorite decade. Can't really get into it. Maybe I'm getting old. ;) This is about the time I quit listening to the radio.

Nah, age ain't got anything to do with it, you either like this kind of music or you don't. I am in my very late 40's and I LOVE IT! It puts a dance in my step.

This channel is programmed by Parker, who is also the Programmer and DJ on Today's Hits. She also does the Teen Pop channel. I think she does an excellent job.

There are differences between Today's Hits and The Hits of 2000 in that mainly what you get on Today's Hits is currents with a few backwards passes, but not many. Hits of the 2000s pulls music from the whole decade and while it does have some currents it not real bad.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
Popularity changed to Hits; all other FT settings left to defaults.

My Ban button is getting quite a workout with this channel, more than I'd like; there was a LOT of garbage that came out over the past 8 years, but there's also an awful lot of good stuff to be found here. I'm definitely enjoying myself listening to it though. Four stars.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I loaded "Hits of the 2000's" and "Today's Hits" on my G2. Sounds really good on my new dock. Katy Perry Yeah! Boy, I'm sure we can't get enough of saying how great it is to hear a popular hits radio station without any commercials. Just as watching a movie through DVD is better than say TNT.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
I loaded "Hits of the 2000's" and "Today's Hits" on my G2. Sounds really good on my new dock. Katy Perry Yeah! Boy, I'm sure we can't get enough of saying how great it is to hear a popular hits radio station without any commercials. Just as watching a movie through DVD is better than say TNT.

That and other than a few songs that slip through the cracks here and there, it's pretty much all uncensored. Beat that, XM.