Snow Leopard Update Kills Hackintoshes

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
You know what is strange is that many of these guys Jobs, Gates, they really aren't that bright at all. It was the people they had around them that that made them what they are. Many of them did reap the benefits too!

I don't know that I'd say that they are not bright. Jobs and Gates are both very bright people, which includes being bright enough to surround themselves with people who are very good at the things that they are not good at. Those two guys (and the other dudes around at the beginning) really did change the world with their innovations.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I don't know that I'd say that they are not bright. Jobs and Gates are both very bright people, which includes being bright enough to surround themselves with people who are very good at the things that they are not good at. Those two guys (and the other dudes around at the beginning) really did change the world with their innovations.

Honestly, I think they just sort of hit at the right time and they didn't have to be to bright. You are right that they were smart enough to grab the right people to take a long with them. None the less if you listen to these guys talk, they just don't strike me as being that intelligent. I also agree they changed the world. Look at the Dot.com boom, you had many teens and 20 something year old guys that hit it big, but they continued to grow because of the people they hired, not because of themselves. In fact many of them made a lot of money in spite of themselves! LOL

Take Windows 7 for example.. isn't it strange that after all these years and Gates no longer has anything to do with Windows that they finally got it right!

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Take Windows 7 for example.. isn't it strange that after all these years and Gates no longer has anything to do with Windows that they finally got it right!

By God DAB, I think you're really on to something!

-Just think of how unbelievably cool and perfect mac could be without Jobs having any say! :sarcasm:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
By God DAB, I think you're really on to something!

-Just think of how unbelievably cool and perfect mac could be without Jobs having any say! :sarcasm:

I am not so sure how much he had to say about Snow Leopard, you may recall he was having a liver transplant and was out for at least 6 months, but also off a great deal even before that. I think he likely had very minimal input on Snow Leopard, because unlike MS it doesn't take them 3 years to create a new version.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Perfect example, I mean look at how Snow Leopard, the service pack, came out with out any help from Steve. -If he just kept away from apple like billy now stays out of M$, we'd all benefit.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Perfect example, I mean look at how Snow Leopard, the service pack, came out with out any help from Steve. -If he just kept away from apple like billy now stays out of M$, we'd all benefit.

I think with his current health issues he is likely to step away sooner rather than later. However, I don't see a huge change going down at Apple once he is gone. I think many folks are already in key position that will continue down the same path. Snow Leopard the service patch! (always so passive aggressive, you know that is a behavior pattern for you now).

You don't think MS has suddenly quit being a protectionist company because Bill Gates is no longer involved in the company? They continue to push to protect their intellectual property harder than ever, just as Apple will continue to do.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
OS X is an operating system, snow leopard is a service pack for OS X that you have to pay for.

Charging for a service pack? Now, that is truly passive aggressive.

(vista-mojave was a 'pay beta' OS for W7)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
OS X is an operating system, snow leopard is a service pack for OS X that you have to pay for.

Charging for a service pack? Now, that is truly passive aggressive.

(vista-mojave was a 'pay beta' OS for W7)

No, not really that is just your own perceived notion; well maybe not you don't even have a Mac, so you are just repeating what you've read. Those of us that operate both Mac and Windows know both of these new OS's offered lot of changes under the hood and provide a better user experience. Call it what you want, that is irrelevant!

The good news you aren't alone there are those that have said just what you have about Snow Leopard just being a service pack, then again I've heard the same thing about Windows 7 actually being just a huge service pack to make Vista what is really was suppose to be. Hey at least Apple only charged $29 for their service pack, MS will charged you as much as $300 if you are stupid enough to buy it. I for one was glad neither made a huge amount of changes to the GUI. Clearly if you operated older version of both and then upgraded or did a clean install you could tell the difference in performance just in doing day to day task on both.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Vista was clearly a beta test that M$ conned people into paying for. (-I wonder if they got the idea from eating some tainted fruit thats grown in cupertino?)
Anyone that got vista should get 7 upgrade for free, or at least for the same price as the similar mac kitty service packs- $30.
Now if you upgrade from XP to 7 you should pay more than a vista beta tester should.

How much does it cost to upgrade from OS 9 to OSX anyways ? :confused:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Vista was clearly a beta test that M$ conned people into paying for. (-I wonder if they got the idea from eating some tainted fruit thats grown in cupertino?)
Anyone that got vista should get 7 upgrade for free, or at least for the same price as the similar mac kitty service packs- $30.
Now if you upgrade from XP to 7 you should pay more than a vista beta tester should.

How much does it cost to upgrade from OS 9 to OSX anyways ? :confused:

Yep, I can agree with that!

I think the most expensive copy of OS X is $129, but that includes all those add on programs garage band, ilife, iphoto, ilikestevejobs etc. LOL