So I Got A New Car ...

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by IdRatherBeSkiing, Dec 11, 2017.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

The good news of this post is we got a new 2018 Toyota Corolla (as you may have noticed a change in my signature). It is a nice car and we are very happy with it. Has integrated XM, bluetooth, keyless entry and start, heated seats, steering wheel, mirrors and wipers and a sun/moon roof. Got a 3 month credit on my XM sub (due to 3 month free trial) and no transfer fee when I moved subscription from old car to new one (only case which they do not charge $15).

The bad news is it came as a result of an accident on the 401 almost a month ago. My wife was rear ended and it hurt her pretty bad and totaled our old car. Can't really say more as we have retained an attorney and he says social media is a big no no. I am not sure this counts as social media or it applies to me but better to be safe. Insurance companies are monsters stocking it and taking everything out of context.

As for the settlement for our old car, we got a pretty good one. It covered our down payment on the new car.

JHDK, Wolf, semipenguin and 2 others like this.
  2. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Congrats on the purchase.

Hope your wife gets well.

HecticArt likes this.
  3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Cool.
    Hope she's OK! Tell her I said Hi.

What color is she?
    The Corolla......not the wife......I've seen the wife.....not the car.....

4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I hope the Mrs gets better quickly.

Enjoy your new car

5. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Sorry to hear about the Mrs and hope she gets well.

Congrats on the new purchase.

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

Red. We narrowed the list to 2. I picked the car. She picked the colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Nice.

We're still talking about the car...right?

IdRatherBeSkiing likes this.
  8. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Congrats, hope the wife recovers well.

9. IdRatherBeSkiing

Well, it was nice while it lasted.

Haven't had a chance to update yet but .... On Sept 25th, I was making a left turn. A lady coming from my left decided she didn't want to stop for the red light, so she didn't. A minor concussion and a sore back for me. It didn't look like too much damage but the insurance company totaled my almost brand new car. Have spent the last several weeks dealing with the insurance company about the meaning of 'total replacement' and setting up various physio appointments etc. The cheque is now in the mail so either Monday or Tuesday I will likely buy the 2019 version of the Toyota Corolla. A good chunk of that cheque will go to Toyota credit to pay down the existing financing. The rest would go to down payment and then refinance the rest. Toyota will refund the unused portion of the old warrantee which will offset most of the cost of a new one. Should be in my new car later this week or next weekend.

The delay and dickering by the insurance company cost me $25/day for rental car (their coverage expired last Friday). It cost them $1000/day. In the end, they wound up paying the $700 in dispute. I will have about $400 in rental car cost.

10. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Dood. That sucks! Sorry to hear.

11. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Really sorry to hear that. Huge bummer and hassle. Glad the injuries weren't more serious and hope you enjoy the new model for years to come.

12. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Hope you feel better. Koop has a RAV4 for sale. No rust or anything

Wolf, HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  13. IdRatherBeSkiing

Thanx. Must have working A/C!

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Wolf, HecticArt and JHDK like this.
  14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I was going to try to sell the van but now I think I'll drive it up to Canada, find you and ram into the side of your 19 Carolla.

15. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

I think it's time for another months long Semi exile from DRC.

semipenguin likes this.
  16. IdRatherBeSkiing

I am safe. They don't allow convicted felons across the border. Besides last time you guys tried to come up here it went horribly wrong if I recall. Made a left turn at Toledo or something.

HecticArt likes this.
  17. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

Misdemeanors, get it straight. But serving hard time did turn me into a hardened criminal mastermind. My plan is to get to a mile before the border then dress as a maple tree. Everyday I'll move a few meters (see I'm already using Canada lingo) closer to the border and the silly Mounties won't suspect a thing. I'll be on your home turf before you know it.

IdRatherBeSkiing likes this.
  18. IdRatherBeSkiing

And how will you get the car up here again?

HecticArt likes this.
  19. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Stumper!!!!!
    :bigbananadance:

20. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Something like this?