So I Guess The Chicken Dip Is No Longer A Thing?

Discussion in 'RadioIO' started by kryptonite, Dec 3, 2015.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

2. chewypgh

chewypgh Member

Don't know if the company is still in business. I saw the episode of Shark Tank with Dave from Back9 pitching the chicken dip. No one was interested.

It sounded like Bubba had a falling out with Dave. Bubba made a quick comment on the air a while ago that he got screwed on the chicken dip deal. Other than that, Bubba hasn't talked about it.

JHDK likes this.
  3. chewypgh

chewypgh Member

I just found Dave Mealey's LinkedIn page. Under "Experience", it lists

Owner
    Back 9 Dips
    October 2009 – May 2014 (4 years 8 months)

4. microbob

microbob Well-Known Member

5. chewypgh

chewypgh Member

6. blueneon36

blueneon36 Active Member

I know that Bubba said the guy from Back 9 was a dick and that he screwed him.

The only place that even serves Bubba's Chicken Dip now is Mikes Pizza at 49th and Ulmerton in Tampa.. Allegedly/Supposedly.

7. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Ouch. Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if there's some sort of Chicken Dip at Mike's. The reports of that place seem to be that the outside of the building and surrounding area seem to be a bit sketchy, but the food is good.

That's also the home of Ned's Meaty Mandingo with the side of Man Sauce. I wonder if Bubba re-purposed his Chicken Dip so it's no longer a Back 9 thing.

The funny thing about it being in Ohio? It was listed at one store in Cincinnati. Google Maps said there wasn't a store location there. Go figure.

blueneon36 likes this.