So is Flubba gone from Sirius?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
If Bubba did the show he was doing for Sirius a few years ago he would be worth resigning. But to replay his FM show is not worth it.

I miss the old real Bubba Sirius shows.

Even it means the bitching about the "ten minute intros" and the "non-stop plugs for BubbaRaw" yeah, I miss the old-school Bubba.

I know it's very similar, in a way, but i'll take "Shock the Puss" over sybian rides 10 days out of 10. They're both done for TV/video purposes, but there's something great about "STP" that the Sybian doesn't have.

Now, what someone should do is electrify the sybian. :p

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
How can Bubba do an exclusive show? He wasn't getting paid so he had to work FM and Sirius and got tired of it after the first year. If Sirius paid him enough he'd quit FM and go to Sirius exclusively.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
If he cuts a deal with Sirius XM that he's happy with, what motivation would he have to bash them? Wouldn't he be more inclined to sing their praises? What makes you think he'd continue to bash them?

Hell Howard was been bashing Sirius XM pretty hard during negotiations, and ripped apart Scott Greenstein worse than Bubba ever did. I don't see the same amount of criticism aimed at Howard for that. But I totally get it, it's always been a double standard with him and the Stern fans that rip on Bubba for "creating drama."

I know Howard is a lot more important to Sirius XM, but I don't think that means he should be excused for ripping into the company like he has been.

Howard doesn't bash the service nearly as much as Bubba. and the way Howard does it is way more subtle. He doesn't tell people to email Scott or call them and cancel Huge difference.

And who's to say that Bubba isn't always asking for more than anyone is willing to pay him? You are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Howard doesn't bash the service nearly as much as Bubba. and the way Howard does it is way more subtle. He doesn't tell people to email Scott or call them and cancel Huge difference.

And who's to say that Bubba isn't always asking for more than anyone is willing to pay him? You are only worth what someone is willing to pay.
I'll agree with you that the FM show replay isn't worth as much as he thinks. The Radioio show being on Sirius XM would be worth a hell of a lot more.

Bubba did tell people not to e-mail Scott on his Twitter. But yeah, his encouraging people to cancel is just as bad as outright telling them to cancel. He's not helping matters.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I'll agree with you that the FM show replay isn't worth as much as he thinks. The Radioio show being on Sirius XM would be worth a hell of a lot more.

Bubba did tell people not to e-mail Scott on his Twitter. But yeah, his encouraging people to cancel is just as bad as outright telling them to cancel. He's not helping matters.

I would even bet that Bubba will take a shit on RadioIO, the IO listeners or Bean big time in the next 3 months.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
If Bubba did the show he was doing for Sirius a few years ago he would be worth resigning. But to replay his FM show is not worth it.

I miss the old real Bubba Sirius shows.

+1. I'm definitely with you on that Scott.

As it sits Bubba has said for the last year that he's going to RadioIO (either by saying Internet Radio or RadioIO specifically). If I were SiriusXM, I would look at it as 'Oh, Bubba already has a deal. We shouldn't bother offering anything since 'the ink is dry'.'.

I find the last minute December, 'We would like to stay" situation quite interesting, because I, like others, assumed his leaving SiriusXM was a done deal as soon as RadioIO was named and we started seeing graphics and channel slots for him.

I'd like to hope that Bubba has an overall plan of where he'd like to be (now and in the future). However, as a listener and fan (of Bubba's SiriusXM live show and of SiriusXM), the message has not been consistent. It is hard to be supportive when the message is ever changing.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
How can Bubba do an exclusive show? He wasn't getting paid so he had to work FM and Sirius and got tired of it after the first year. If Sirius paid him enough he'd quit FM and go to Sirius exclusively.

The FM deal goes on for another year. Bubba said on his last Sirius live show that he wanted 1 year FM replay and then 4 years exclusive with Sirius. I don't see how he can offer an exclusive show when he would be doing a radio show on RadioIO.

I don't see him breaking his deal with RadioIO at all. When he's been asked on Twitter, he has said the RadioIO show goes on regardless of if a deal is cut with SiriusXM, which also suggests this.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
They would be insane to broadcast the RadioIO show. It will be a non-stop advert for RadioIO meanwhile bashing Sirius XM. I know we disagree on this but there is no question in my head that would happen.

It doesn't make Business sense at all to do that.

SiriusXM needs to say 'look at what you can get here and nowhere else'. If they allow someone else to make money on the same piece of content (live, or same day), they completely undermine their subscription model.

Anyone who has the vision of RadioIO offering the same live show, or offering that show hours after it was on Sirius, clearly believes one can have cake and eat it too. I would torch SiriusXM online for making a deal like that.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think that this drama will continue to unfold until Monday, probably right up to the 3pm timeslot on Howard 101.

I am sure Sirius will contact Bubba several more times with Dog Piss Jones offerings a plenty until they come back with something thats reasonable for the entire crew. I wouldn't be suprised if Howard came to the rescue yet again.

My 2 year sirius sub in my truck expires in February. If Bubba is not re-upped, I will cancel it and use that money for a RadioIO sub.

I (like many others on this board) respect his terrestrial show. However, the chance to sink my teeth into uncensored Bubba for 8 hours a week going forward means that Sirius will take a backseat to the wunderradio or io2go app (whenever that comes out) on my EVO.

I am hoping for the best, but nothing ever goes Bubba's way during negotiations.

;)

maxpower

Dec 4, 2008
I am sure Bubba would be happy to do a Sirius exclusive show, except they won't pay him. They would rather spend their money on the mad dog, oprah, and dr. laura.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
I am sure Bubba would be happy to do a Sirius exclusive show, except they won't pay him. They would rather spend their money on the mad dog, oprah, and dr. laura.

Bubba has made it clear that the RadioIO situation is happening regardless. If that's the case, the show wouldn't be exclusive to SiriusXM, it would merely be a radio show he would be doing alongside other radio shows on other networks.

Exclusivity generally means it's the only place you can get it on that medium. If he's doing radio shows elsewhere or using the same content on another service, it's not exclusive as far as I'm concerned.

Bubba is in a catch 22 now.

If he signs with Sirius at shit pay and rebroadcasts his uncensored radio IO show no one will subscribe to Radioio for him.

If he does not sign with Sirius his success at Radioio will drop off big time over the next 6 months because hes not a national celebrity now, hes a guy who does an internet radio show. I know a bunch of Bubba Army members that talk a good talk but won't put their money where their mouth is.

Hell I know a bunch of them now that are working to chip in and subscribe and rebroadcast his show via shoutcast. Of couse this has been an issue since Howard 100 and Howard 101 started and not a damn th ing has been done about it, and really not much that can be done either, you shut one down another one pops up.

If I were Bubba I would tighten my belt and agree to stay on sirius just for the national fame it brings his name. Many of the people I have turned on to Bubba over the years never heard of his name until they got Sirius XM. That national name is worth the cut in pay.

A suggestion I have to both Scott Greenstein and Bubba is to air the Radioio shows on Sirius delayed a day, this will help force people who want it live or to interact with Bubba to pay for the live Radioio service.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
When you get down to it, Howard isn't exclusive either because of HowardTV. In fact, I'd claim that Howard is less exclusive than Bubba would be with RadioIO because the HowardTV stuff is just a rebroadcast of the radio show. Bubba's RadioIO content, I assume, would be completely new & different content.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
To the best of my knowledge, HowardTV only covers specific parts of the radio show and is also delayed at least a day, if not more. There's plenty of content from the radio show that never makes HowardTV purely because it has no TV value. Also, the segments are also heavily produced and edited. It's no different than BubbaRaw, which I've never viewed as a threat.

Bubba's hope with the RadioIO content would be both 2 hours of 'new' and a copy of the regular show (both live and in a replay form). The words 'completely new' would be incorrect in this case and is against what he's said publicly several times over. It's certainly not exclusive if the hopes are to simultaneously stream it to a RadioIO and/or BubbaRaw service.

When you get down to it, Howard isn't exclusive either because of HowardTV. In fact, I'd claim that Howard is less exclusive than Bubba would be with RadioIO because the HowardTV stuff is just a rebroadcast of the radio show. Bubba's RadioIO content, I assume, would be completely new & different content.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Here is the latest info from Bubbas Twitter page:

"here's the statement they didn't call us today and there is no deal. Period."

Someone asked why Bubba's likeness is still on Sirius' website. He said he thinks they will pull it down on January 3rd.

Another person asked if Bubba thought Sirius would wait until 1/3 to come back with a final offer. Bubba said that tomorrow was the last day for a deal.

Sounds to me like the Sirius deal is completely off the table.

Let me be the first to say thank you to Sirius for FUCKING the fans once again. First they kill great music programming, then they hire the Maddogs and the Jamie Foxx's of the world instead of building up a product that will be a sure thing for the future when Howard finally retires.

They should hire Tiger Woods to host a show on the PGA Tour channel on XM. Maybe they can pay him $3M to fuck hookers during The Pebble Beach Pro-Am.

:rolleyes:

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
Let me be the first to say thank you to Sirius for FUCKING the fans once again. First they kill great music programming, then they hire the Maddogs and the Jamie Foxx's of the world instead of building up a product that will be a sure thing for the future when Howard finally retires.

I fail to see how this means that Sirius is 'fucking the fans'. Keep in mind the best that Bubba has to offer (in 2011) is a FM simulcast or a tape-delayed FM show. I do not believe the 2 hours of RadioIO programming were in play, and I believe that the Friday live Sirius shows would be history too.

I saw Bubba talked about an 80% cut. If all he has to do is provide a 5 day a week FM radio show that he is already doing (and being paid for), the song "Take the Money and Run" comes to mind, especially seeing as that FM radio show is available for free streaming online.

If SiriusXM is willing to pay for something being given away in syndication... Go on, take the money and run...

They should hire Tiger Woods to host a show on the PGA Tour channel on XM. Maybe they can pay him $3M to fuck hookers during The Pebble Beach Pro-Am.

If you can set that up as a special, I believe it would be the most popular piece of content on the service for that moment in time. That says a lot about us as a society, but I believe it to be so.

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I fail to see how this means that Sirius is 'fucking the fans'. Keep in mind the best that Bubba has to offer (in 2011) is a FM simulcast or a tape-delayed FM show. I do not believe the 2 hours of RadioIO programming were in play, and I believe that the Friday live Sirius shows would be history too.

I saw Bubba talked about an 80% cut. If all he has to do is provide a 5 day a week FM radio show that he is already doing (and being paid for), the song "Take the Money and Run" comes to mind, especially seeing as that FM radio show is available for free streaming online.

If SiriusXM is willing to pay for something being given away in syndication... Go on, take the money and run...

Exactly. Sirius is willing to pay for the FM tapes AND doctor them up a bit. Bubba is getting paid for almost nothing. All he has to do is send the audio to NYC.

Throw in 1-2 live shows per every 3-4 Fridays, and we're gold. Something like this would be great: Live, Live, Live, Tape, Tape, Live, Tape, Tape, Live, Live.

I would put up with a repeat of last year, if it meant four or five SiriusXM shows a day in 2012...if Bubba wanted to go racing in the summer on a Friday, i'd have no beef, if he put in good shows the previous few days.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
Throw in 1-2 live shows per every 3-4 Fridays, and we're gold. Something like this would be great: Live, Live, Live, Tape, Tape, Live, Tape, Tape, Live, Live.

I figure there won't be any live shows because he'll instead be doing a 2 hour RadioIO show after his FM show. Basically he'd be doing 6 hours of radio a day.

If Bubba's FM show was live simulcast then it'd have a bit more value to SiriusXM listeners. However, he'd have to be on a different channel to do it.

I would put up with a repeat of last year, if it meant four or five SiriusXM shows a day in 2012...if Bubba wanted to go racing in the summer on a Friday, i'd have no beef, if he put in good shows the previous few days.

I'm curious if there's a count of how many Live Friday Sirius shows were done this year. Do you happen to know of one?