Speaking of Meditation

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by Neigh, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I was thinking that soon Howard is going to do one show some week and replay it the rest of the day and the entirety of each of the next six days... Sort of like ooommmm over and over.. Howard is getting us into meditation.. At this very moment in my head I can hear Robin saying "That's not $5,000,000 cash, that's a $5,000,000 recording contract". And over and over...

2. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

I'm having a difficult time following this post.

3. Spokker

Spokker Active Member

I have no idea what you're talking about but I think it was funny that in December Howard was all, "Hey, this Ron Paul guy is making some sense. He should get more air time." Come last week and he's all, "This guy is nuts!"

I wonder who got to him, or does Howard just take everything said in the media that isn't about him at face value? He knows stories about public figures and celebrities are wrong all the time, but he only defends himself.

4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I think that's the standard reaction to Paul. At first people are like "This guy makes all the sense in the world!" then they learn more about him and are like "This guy is a nut-job!"

But I don't follow the OP very well either.

5. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

This is the worst thread.

Ever.

No, seriously.

Fail.

HecticArt likes this.
  6. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Agreed!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrPp22OePIE[/ame]

7. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

C'mon! Howard is a big advocate of transcendental meditation. Meditators typically focus on a word (like "om") and repeat it over and over to get into meditation. This week Howard repeated just two shows over and over for five days. Every time I tune in I hear something I have already heard at least three times. I look forward to the week that he does just one show for the week and proceeds to play it 24/7 for that day and for the next six. You would hear the same thing repeated over and over...so much so you could get into TM. ok I am obvoiusly being sarcastic. I think the 24/7 playing of just two shows over 6 days is really disrespectful to the fans.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  8. RDog

RDog Well-Known Member

Makes sense to me. Less meditating & more effort is what is needed.