Ssotd

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN

Killing in the Name - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2009 the song was the focus of a successful Facebook campaign to preventThe X Factor winner's song from gaining theChristmas number one in the United Kingdom for the fifth successive year. The campaign provoked commentary from both groups and other musicians, and gained coverage in both national and international press. The song became the first single to reach the Christmas number one spot on downloads alone. The campaign also spread to Ireland, and although less successful, it helped "Killing in the Name" become the Christmas number two in the Irish Charts. The campaign made the song the group's highest charting single in either the UK or Ireland.

Reactions: HecticArt

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
yogi-art1.jpg

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
This song has an Earth,Wind, & Fire connection

It Ain't Over 'til It's Over - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"It Ain't Over 'til It's Over" is a song recorded, written, and produced by American musician Lenny Kravitz for his second studio album, Mama Said (1991). Released as the album's second single in June 1991, the song is a mid-tempoballad, musically inspired by Motown, Philly soul, and Earth, Wind & Fire (particularly That's the Way of the World). The horn line at the end is actually performed by the Phenix Horns from Earth, Wind & Fire. "That song just came out one day, and I knew it had a classic vibe. And I still love that song very much today", Kravitz said in an interview for VivaMusic.com in 2000.[1] The line is based on a Yogiism, or quotation from Yogi Berra: "It ain't over 'til it's over."[2] It was Kravitz's first top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 of his career, and his highest peak in the chart. English singer Mutya Buena's 2007 song "Real Girl" contains a sample from "It Ain't Over 'til It's Over".

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
You got an hour?

One of my favorite albums. I broke out my old iPod & listened to it while driving thru Wisconsin

How Does Your Garden Grow? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Though critically acclaimed, the album was a relative failure commercially, only peaking at #128 on the Billboard charts. The first single, "One More Murder" scraped the bottom end of the Billboard Modern Rock charts, while the second single, "At the Stars," performed better, becoming a Modern Rock and Adult Top 40 hit (and later covered by Howie Day). A third single, "Like it Like That," failed to chart.

How Does Your Garden Grow - YouTube

Live version of At the Stars

Reactions: HecticArt