Steve Jobs resigns from Apple

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
Just saw some posts on Twitter. Looking for a link now with more info

JBFlint: Steve Jobs said day has come when he could "no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO."

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yeah, they have activated there succession plan. Tim Cook will be CEO, Steve will stay on as Chairman of the Board. The claim is he will continue to work as an employee of Apple. However, I think the reality is that Steve has seen his better days health wise and he likely isn't long for this world. I hope I am wrong in that. The last keynote he looked so frail and even stumbled a couple of times just walking across the stage. It truly is sad to see a man's life shorten due to cancer, but that is life and you simply can't out run death.

May his last days be peaceful and happy for him. Apple the company will be just fine I think Tim Cook will follow the succession plans they have, which is likely a road map for at least the next 2 to 3 years.

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
Might be a good time to increase a position in APPL. Thinking about it right now.

Saw somewhere after hours trading in Apple has been stopped. Reminds me of Jack Layton. Stepped down as NDP leader and less than 2 months later he had passed away.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
Saw somewhere after hours trading in Apple has been stopped. Reminds me of Jack Layton. Stepped down as NDP leader and less than 2 months later he had passed away.

I did not see where it stop trading but it was down 5% in after hours. I did buy a little, very little :lolsign:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Yeah, they have activated there succession plan. Tim Cook will be CEO, Steve will stay on as Chairman of the Board. The claim is he will continue to work as an employee of Apple. However, I think the reality is that Steve has seen his better days health wise and he likely isn't long for this world. I hope I am wrong in that. The last keynote he looked so frail and even stumbled a couple of times just walking across the stage. It truly is sad to see a man's life shorten due to cancer, but that is life and you simply can't out run death.

May his last days be peaceful and happy for him. Apple the company will be just fine I think Tim Cook will follow the succession plans they have, which is likely a road map for at least the next 2 to 3 years.

I sense that too. Cancer sucks. Tim Cook's legacy will be viewed in about 5 years once Job's plan is executed.

What does Tim Cook think about Flash?

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
What does Tim Cook think about Flash?

I don't think you can work at Apple if you like Flash. Since Adobe hates Apple users and won't clean up the crappy code, it's a given that no one in the Apple universe likes Flash :D

Oh, and edit to say that while I figured this day would come, I am saddened that it was so soon. I hope Steve gets better and can come back stronger than ever. If not, I hope that he takes this opportunity to live life to it's fullest without the stresses of a large company weighing on him.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
you'd think he was already dead with the obituary that keeps running on CNN.

Jobs is one of those rare dudes with the vision and instincts to really get things done in a grand way.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
you'd think he was already dead with the obituary that keeps running on CNN.

Jobs is one of those rare dudes with the vision and instincts to really get things done in a grand way.

He's sure left his mark on the world. There aren't enough true innovators out there that can not only come up with the ideas, but actually make them a reality.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
He's sure left his mark on the world. There aren't enough true innovators out there that can not only come up with the ideas, but actually make them a reality.

I suspect there are more than we think. Few get to be at the right place at the right time or have the right idea at the right time.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Let's don't write him off yet. No one know his health but he and his doctors. I wish him many years to come.

That being said, Apple has been nothing short of revolutionary for the last decade. They've been good for America and I hope they can keep on keeping on without Jobs.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I suspect there are more than we think.

There are indeed--and there has been a lot written about how Wall St. has been leeching America's best minds. We need to get our best minds back into entrepreneurship and manufacturing and away from that pit of devils in lower Manhattan.