Stevie Ray Vaughn Finally Gets Nominated For The Rock And Roll Hof

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Music' started by Jon, Oct 9, 2014.

1. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

You would thing him & maybe The Grateful Dead
  2. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Considering how long both artists have been around and their strong concert fan followings, it surprising the sales are not there.
    semipenguin likes this.
  3. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

HecticArt and Aaron like this.
  4. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Steve Miller and Deep Purple are finally in, maybe there's hope for Warren Zevon.
    HecticArt likes this.
  5. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

Can someone explain to me what went on with Steve Miller's speech? I saw a post-induction interview he did in front of 1 reporter, where he trashed the process, and he said the same in a Rolling Stone interview. But when I looked-up the actual induction speech, it was fine, he made no mention of that. Yet the Black Keys (who introduced him) said they were embarrassed by what he said, and that it caused them to walk out on his performance. So when did he make the inflammatory speech?
  6. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I started to read the RS interview with the Black Keys but then I remembered I don't care.
    semipenguin likes this.
  7. scotchandcigar

Thanks, that really makes it all crystal clear.
  8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

The Mrs read the longer version the other day. She said that he was giving them a ration of shit about how lame they are.
    I don't remember all of the details. One of them had to do with his tickets to the event. He got one for himself, and one for his wife. He asked for tickets for tickets for the guys in the band, and they told him it would cost $10,000 each. It sounded like the Hall of Fame is dead to someone else too.
  9. scotchandcigar

Yeah, Steve Miller made a lot of valid points, but The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach felt that Miller picked the wrong time to air his grievances. Plus, Miller didn't acknowledge the Keys at all.
    HecticArt likes this.
  10. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

First world problems. When you become a member of the highest fraternity of rockers & you're still not satisfied.

When was the last time people talked about Steve Miller since 1982?

It's almost county fair season. Farmers in Iowa can start getting excited about see Steve again
  11. scotchandcigar

Here's what I've got.

Intro and induction by the Black Keys

Induction speech by Steve Miller

Press conference comments
  12. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Badmouthing the establishment IS rock and roll. Suck it up, HoF.
    HecticArt and semipenguin like this.
  13. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

There you go.
    Well said Bags.

Sent from Tapatalk
  14. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

The Sex Pistols aren't in are they? That'd be an EPIC acceptance speech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

The Pistols called the HOF a "piss stain" and refused to go.
    One of the things they were pissed off about was that they would have to had paid $25,000 for their table at the event.

Like Bags said, anti-establishment is more rock and roll than the HOF.
  16. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I wonder how many artists have gone to the ceremony just to tell them to get bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. scotchandcigar

If anyone cares, I'm watching the induction ceremony airing on HBO right now. Deep Purple was inducted by Lars, now they're playing.

Every member of the band has a wife who's younger than their kids.
    HecticArt and semipenguin like this.
  18. scotchandcigar

Chicago got a standing ovation for 25 or 6 to 4. It was impressive, especially for (mostly) old guys.
  19. scotchandcigar

Cheap Trick closed the show. There's something creepy about 60-something geezers singing about teen love.
    semipenguin likes this.
  20. scotchandcigar

So the broadcast began with Bowie's Fame, sung by David Byrne and Kimbra; and ended with the performance of Prince playing While My Guitar Gently Weeps at the RRHOF.