Stiletto 2 Error to recover from.

Discussion in 'Sirius Portables' started by SonDan, Nov 24, 2012.

1. SonDan

SonDan Member

I got then following error when I put my beloved Stilletto 2 in it’s charger:

!Error

To recover, connect to a PC via USB
    (you may need to run the install CD)​

Since I have no clue where the appropriate USB cord or install CD is here in my home
    what do you experts suggest as an alternative to get it up and running again?

Taking the battery out and replacing it did not help.

Might TSS have the appropriate cord and CD to get my SD going again?

Once I get the cord do I just run this recovery program found here:
    SIRIUS Device Recovery for Stiletto products (SL2, SL100 and SL10)

Or do I still need the install Cd as well?

:bigcry:
  2. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

No CD required. That software is all you need, as long as you have either the cord that plugs directly into the SL2, or if you have the home dock, I believe any old mini USB cord will work just fine. From what I remember, anyway. So, hopefully, you can just find a regular USB cable, and download that software, and be on your way. This is usually an easy process once you have everything you need. Please, update us on the progress!
  3. SXM_Help

SXM_Help Member

Hi there -

Please keep us posted on any troubles you may be having.

-SiriusXM Digital Care Team
  4. SonDan

SonDan Member

Just want to check in for replies. I am still looking for a cord to connect with. Will be back in touch soon.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2
  5. JuneBugGeek

JuneBugGeek New Member

Stiletto 2 recovery error fix

i had same issue with stiletto 2 not recovering. Try downloading S50 software Version 1.0.2 and itll ask you to reboot computer and your stiletto 2 will automatically recover. as far as drivers it still won't read on my siruis studio. Hope this helps. :bigthumbup:
  6. greenearth

greenearth Active Member

I have the same issue. The pc is not recognizing it
  7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Have you had a chance to try the stuff that they mentioned above?
  8. greenearth

greenearth Active Member

We have an old vista pc & it didn't work. Didn't work on the Mac laptop either. Sad day.
  9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

10. greenearth

greenearth Active Member

We contacted TSS & you have to use a windows XP pc. So, we are asking around... The tough part is finding an XP Pc.
    HecticArt likes this.
  11. greenearth

greenearth Active Member

It is fixed. an old XP laptop was dropped off. It didn't have a power cord. We got a plug to charge it. The display would Not light up. But if you hold up a flashlight you could almost see it. Well...it fixed my stiletto. I am keeping that old XP in case my Stiletto breaks again.
    I am happy it is fixed before Howard returns from vacation. Until then, I listened to the new Bush cd.
    And a Happy New Year to all.
    HecticArt likes this.
  12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That's the way to ring in the new year!

Good to hear greenearth. Comgrats.
    greenearth likes this.
  13. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

I left Sondan a message on her website, too. :)
  14. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you got things fixed. TSS has a PC with XP just for that purpose. I tried to fix mine with a virtual copy of XP via Windows 7 professional and MSS loaded, but my SL2 has additional issues Droo is trying to rectify.
  15. greenearth

greenearth Active Member

Tss told us it would cost $20 to fix it. We finally did get the power cord. We are keeping that old laptop for the next time it happens. It is nice that's TSS will fix them too.
    MadisonRadio1 and HecticArt like this.