Stiletto 2 Error to recover from.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Thank you. They did not reply to an email so I'll try the phone.
My problem is totally my fault. I figured a recovery may fix my loss of recording ability. I didn't think I had anything to lose by trying the recovery. How wrong I was. If I would have spent another hour researching this I might have figured out that I was going in the wrong direction.
I was following the thread in the Backstage archive.
May I suggest that some sort of note be placed on the thread that guides a user through the recovery process that it no longer works and will brick their SL2.
I think the archive posts are read only. They were copied as a read only archive when SBS went belly up.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'll see if we can post there. It's an archived forum that was built on our old forum software. I'm sot sure if we can get in there to edit anything.

jharrison29

Nov 17, 2008
Just a suggestion so others don't go down the path I took. I sent my SL2 off to Terry, he's in Henderson, Nv.
He said he has a 60% recovery rate so I have high hopes. It was working fine when I did the sequence for recovery. I was hoping to get back the ability to record. Now I find in reading other threads that the recording ability no longer exists. Anyway, glad this site is still going.:)

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I’m glad that there’s hope. If it’s possible to get working again, TSS are the guys that stand the best chance.
Keep us posted on how it goes.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Just a suggestion so others don't go down the path I took. I sent my SL2 off to Terry, he's in Henderson, Nv.
He said he has a 60% recovery rate so I have high hopes. It was working fine when I did the sequence for recovery. I was hoping to get back the ability to record. Now I find in reading other threads that the recording ability no longer exists. Anyway, glad this site is still going.:)
I think you can still record but the software on the SL2 makes it impossible after a while due to corruption.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Wasn't there a simple memory purge routine that people needed to do from time to time to clear the buffers so that you could keep recording without having to do the full web based recovery? It's been long enough that some of it blurs together.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Wasn't there a simple memory purge routine that people needed to do from time to time to clear the buffers so that you could keep recording without having to do the full web based recovery? It's been long enough that some of it blurs together.
You could try a reset + erase. That works for a while. Mine won't reset + erase anymore due to the corruption.

jharrison29

Nov 17, 2008
Mine is in a drawer too. My ticket to the now free internet stream,
I sent the SL2 to Terry so will post back here when I (hopefully) have a working radio.
About the free internet stream..When I called Sirius customer support to find out why I could not recover, as expected the person had no idea what i was talking about but then started in on "Internet Streaming". I'm confused about what the offering is. Last time I checked, many yrs ago, it was not part of my subscription and had to be paid for.
Now, when I look at their web site I get the idea it is free for just a few months even though the guy on the phone said it was free and no charge.
So, is it free? I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius - not SiriusXM.
I went ahead and created a login for streaming and see it is for only 2 hrs. I've been too busy and haven't been back since then so I am wondering if this is a promo for a few months in which case I'm not interested.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I sent the SL2 to Terry so will post back here when I (hopefully) have a working radio.
About the free internet stream..When I called Sirius customer support to find out why I could not recover, as expected the person had no idea what i was talking about but then started in on "Internet Streaming". I'm confused about what the offering is. Last time I checked, many yrs ago, it was not part of my subscription and had to be paid for.
Now, when I look at their web site I get the idea it is free for just a few months even though the guy on the phone said it was free and no charge.
So, is it free? I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius - not SiriusXM.
I went ahead and created a login for streaming and see it is for only 2 hrs. I've been too busy and haven't been back since then so I am wondering if this is a promo for a few months in which case I'm not interested.
I used to pay $6/month for it. Sirius sub as well. Earlier this year I got a refund for about a year's worth of streaming and they stopped charging. Got email about a month later and they said it was free. I think its free for lifetimes. But not sure the full scope of the promotion.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Also, if you need to call SXM for tech help, call their advanced technical support (care?) number. You should be able to find it here with a search.