streaming radio app

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
i just bought t-mobile's iphone killa the samsung vibrant. i love this thing, and i love its openness that i get with the apps. i call it an iphone killa because, well, i did some speed tests, and even in a small market like louisville, on the 3g network (the standard 3g network) i got faster speeds than at&t's 3g. i'm right around wimax speeds depending on the time of day. and with the unlimited (the truly unlimited) data plan t-mo offers i think it will make a difference.

/commercial

however i'm essentially starting from scratch with my streaming options. the sirixm app is out. it requires the high quality online subscription and until they offer a one-time only payment for the lifetime subs, i'm not getting it. so what are my other options? my only requirements are that any suggestions have the ability to pick up talk radio stations as well (so pandora and slacker are automatically out).

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I Heart Radio seems like a good app. I used it with my Blackberry and it was Ok. I didn't use it much though. Lots of different Clear Channel talk stations on there.

At the moment I am messing around with Google Listen which is a podcast manager for Android. I just added my subscriptions and configured it to auto-sync every day only over wifi. Pretty awesome! I really haven't used it yet but I am impressed with the features that it offers.

Congrats on the new phone! I just my Droid X and it's been fun messing around with all the features and apps.

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
Google listen is one of the first podcast managers suggested and I like it a lot.

Iheartradio is clearchannel right?