Suggest Albums I Need To Listen To

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The Merry-Go-Round was a Los Angeles quintet that formed in 1966, released one album in 1967 and had a #63 hit with Live in March of that year. (The song was a much bigger hit in L.A., reaching #5 on the KHJ Boss 30 and #7 on the KFWB Fabulous Forty.) After the band broke up in 1969, singer/guitarist/pianist Emitt Rhodes launched a solo career. On his self-titled debut album, he wrote all the songs, sang all the vocals, sang all the harmonies and played all the instruments. The entire album is excellent but here are my two mostest favoritest songs:

Reactions: semipenguin

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
The Merry-Go-Round was a Los Angeles quintet that formed in 1966, released one album in 1967 and had a #63 hit with Live in March of that year. (The song was a much bigger hit in L.A., reaching #5 on the KHJ Boss 30 and #7 on the KFWB Fabulous Forty.) After the band broke up in 1969, singer/guitarist/pianist Emitt Rhodes launched a solo career. On his self-titled debut album, he wrote all the songs, sang all the vocals, sang all the harmonies and played all the instruments. The entire album is excellent but here are my two mostest favoritest songs:

Good stuff. I don't remember listening to KHJ radio, and KFWB was 24 hour news.

Mom used to listen to KRTH. I loved oldies.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Mister semi, KHJ was top-40 from 1965 to 1980. KFWB was top-40 from January 1958 until March 1968 when it switched to all-news. Here is a 1981 album which you will either love or hate. I can't predict which. The music is good but Dan Treacy's voice is....ummm....languid? Detached? Soporific? It's hard to describe. Television Personalities was a British post-punk trio. For some odd reason, the cover of their album And Don't The Kids Just Love It pictures Twiggy and The Avengers actor Patrick Macnee. Here is the entire album:

Reactions: semipenguin

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
He's a teen.

He'll probably roll his eyes - then tell that joke to his friends when the old man isn't around.

First part is bingo. He rolled his eyes. We are in Columbus now so the second part will be determined at a later date.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Reactions: HecticArt

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
First part is bingo. He rolled his eyes. We are in Columbus now so the second part will be determined at a later date.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk
My daughter doesn't even bother with th eye roll anymore.

But I hear my dad jokes coming out of her mouth and it brings me so much joy. We were at the conveyor belt sushi place Sunday and we were 8 plates away from winning a Naruto eraser. I said there was no way we could get to 20 and she immediately said "not with that attitude! That's loser talk!"