Swapping from Onyx to Edge

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
Hey all,

So my wife is getting me the Edge radio for our anniversary next week.

I got some questions. I have the Onyx currently. Last year I switched from the Sirius Platform and a Sirius Radio to the XM platform and the Onyx radio.

I understand that the Edge is a "SiriusXM" Platform radio. Does anyone know if doing the Radio swap online will work? Or will this require calling SiriusXM customer service requiring another mess of changing over?

I had such a freaking headache trying to transfer from Sirius to the XM platform. Countless calls and took over a week.

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
Ya I hope so too!

Since the SiriusXM platform is just basically the XM platform renamed (At least that's how it looks) I'm hoping it will be less of a hassle.

Sorry TSS I didn't get it from you guys. My wife bought it and picked it up via Amazon they have it for $99, plus with Prime 1 day shipping at $3.99 she just jumped on it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Pretty sure siriusxm radios require a seperate account. Good luck on the switch. Hopefully its less painful.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
I did not realize this. In order to minimize the confusion of 2 separate incompatible billing systems, they created a THIRD incompatible billing system? Brilliant! Fucking Brilliant!

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
I did not realize this. In order to minimize the confusion of 2 separate incompatible billing systems, they created a THIRD incompatible billing system? Brilliant! Fucking Brilliant!
Ya that was my thought found that out last night. I'm hoping the Xm to SiriusXM platform is an easy change. Since its built off it supposedly anyways.

Has anyone had an XM radio that moved to an Edge Radio? How easy was it?

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
When I got my Edge, I kept my Onyx as an additional radio during activation. I looked up my records.
My billing is Onyx-XM Family Friendly package $13.49 month, Edge-SiriusXM Select package $9.99 month. XM and Sirius XM radio's have the same customer service.

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
So it's all part of the same plan? That makes me feel a bit better I guess. (Seriously the move from Sirius Platform to XM was a freaking headache I recall posting about it here on DRC last year)

Has anyone else actually done a XM radio swap to the Edge (or Lynx for that matter since they are the only two SiriusXM platform radios)? Was it an easy process. My radio should be here on Monday, I work nights so I'm hoping it comes before I leave for work and I can quickly call (or switch it online) so I have something to listen to on my commute.

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
SiriusXM support via twitter reached out to me to help once i have radio. The radio is out for delivery right now.I'm guessing its the same group team that posts and helps here. I'll update on how easy the process was/is after I'm done talking to them.

SXM_Help

May 25, 2012
www.facebook.com
SiriusXM support via twitter reached out to me to help once i have radio. The radio is out for delivery right now.I'm guessing its the same group team that posts and helps here. I'll update on how easy the process was/is after I'm done talking to them.
That's correct! Happy Anniversary! If you need any assistance, feel free to write us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be happy to help.

-SiriusXM Digital Care Team

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
:bigthumbup:

Keep us posted!

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
:bigthumbup:

Keep us posted!
Will do. I'll be installing it when I wake up tomorrow and then will be calling the SiriusXM_Help support team back. I get home after 2 AM from work so I'll be setting it up mid morning.

Last edited:

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
Just got done installing the new radio, I called Jaime back from the SiriusXM help team. Best freaking customer experience yet. I have been very critical of SiriusXM in the past and their customer service. I hope my experience is the route the company is trying to move all their CS reps to enabling in each call.

SXM_Help

May 25, 2012
www.facebook.com
Just got done installing the new radio, I called Jaime back from the SiriusXM help team. Best freaking customer experience yet. I have been very critical of SiriusXM in the past and their customer service. I hope my experience is the route the company is trying to move all their CS reps to enabling in each call.
Happy to hear it! Let us know if you need help with anything else!

-SiriusXM Digital Care Team

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Glad your enjoying the Edge Goodeye. it's a very beautiful looking radio especially at night. If you have a home dock, you can still probably catch the free preview on your Onyx

SiriusShawn

Nov 7, 2008
Connecticut
I just switched from a Sportster 5 (died after 5 good years in my truck) to the Edge. I could not swap to the Edge online, so I ended up canceling my Sirius account and adding the Edge to my XM account that I have for my car's head unit. Now I have one account (SiriusXM all access) for my radios. All of this took about 30 minutes on the phone with two different reps, both of whom were very helpful.

I already miss the Sportster, what a great radio that was...the Edge features more channels and better sound, but the Sportster's 82 minute delay will be missed.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
The Edge only has like a 25 minute buffer. Maybe that is something that can be changed. I wonder if an upgrade is possible. If they can change channel line up and graphics and such, I wonder if they can add additional replay time.

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
The Edge only has like a 25 minute buffer. Maybe that is something that can be changed. I wonder if an upgrade is possible. If they can change channel line up and graphics and such, I wonder if they can add additional replay time.

Maybe but my guess is if it could it might not be by much. That time is set regardless of what's being recorded. Not all channels are being broadcast at he highest bit rate.

Glad your enjoying the Edge Goodeye. it's a very beautiful looking radio especially at night. If you have a home dock, you can still probably catch the free preview on your Onyx
I love the radio. It looks amazing at night. During the day it kinda sucks but it is what it is.

I can't wait till the Christmas channels go live to see the backgrounds and logos for those channels.

Last edited: