Takin’ the Wheel on The Highway

Discussion in 'Country, Christian, Gospel' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Dec 3, 2010.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Upcoming:

Darius Rucker
    Tonight 12/3 8:00 pm ET
    Darius Rucker Takes the Wheel as The Highway’s guest DJ! Darius plays his hits, some personal favorites and talks about his new album Charleston, SC 1966. (2 hrs) Rebroadcast: Tomorrow 7:00 am ET; Tomorrow 6:00 pm ET; Sun 12/5 12:00 pm ET; Sun 12/5 10:00 pm ET

Lady Antebellum
    Fri 12/10 8:00 pm ET
    Lady A Takes the Wheel as The Highway’s guest DJ! Hear the group plays their huge hits, along with some personal favorites. (2 hrs) Rebroadcast: Sat 12/11 7:00 am ET; Sat 12/11 6:00 pm ET; Sun 12/12 12:00 pm ET; Sun 12/12 10:00 pm ET

Sugarland
    Fri 12/17 8:00 pm ET
    Sugarland Takes the Wheel as The Highway’s guest DJ! Hear the duo play their huge hits, along with some personal favorites and some cuts from new album, The Incredible Machine. (2 hrs) Rebroadcast: Sat 12/18 7:00 am ET; Sat 12/18 6:00 pm ET; Sun 12/19 12:00 pm ET; Sun 12/19 10:00 pm ET
  2. SIRIUSaboutXM

Josh Kelley
    Wed 3/30 12:00 pm ET
    When Josh Kelley sat down for some Highway Hang Time with Buzz Brainard last week, he loved being in the studio so much that he asked for the keys .. and who are we to argue? Listen as Josh picks and plays some songs from his new album, Georgia Clay, as well as some from his new country-makin’ friends and a surprise or two to keep you guessing! > Rebroadcast: Fri 4/1 8:00 pm ET; Sat 4/2 2:00 pm ET
  3. SIRIUSaboutXM

I'm not a big fan of this guy, but I have to admit I love his show on the History Channel- check it out one time for the hell of it.

Larry The Cable Guy Takin’ The Wheel
    Today 1:00 pm ET
    We’re giving Larry The Cable Guy the keys and he’s doing the driving! Larry plays anything he wants, and we mean it. You never know what “nuggets” Larry The Cable Guy will pull out as he guest DJs. Plus he'll give the scoop on his new movie Cars 2. (3 hrs) > Rebroadcast: Tomorrow 9:00 pm ET; Sun 6/26 4:00 pm ET
  4. SIRIUSaboutXM

Michael Waltrip Takin' The Wheel
    Thurs 2/21 8:00 pm ET
    In the time it will take for NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Michael Waltrip to take command of The Highway for an hour, he would have been able to drive almost 200 miles around the track at Daytona this week. Which is why we’re grateful that he’s dropped by his favorite radio station to play some of his faves from the Zac Brown Band, Luke Bryan and others! Rebroadcast: Fri 2/22 12:00 pm ET; Sat 2/23 7:00 am ET; Sun 2/24 4:00 pm ET

[​IMG]

MICHAEL WALTRIP TO PAY TRIBUTE TO NEWTOWN COMMUNITY

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Feb. 14, 2013) – Using the biggest race of the year as a backdrop, NASCAR, Swan Racing and two-time Daytona 500 champion Michael Waltrip announced today a special tribute to raise awareness and contributions for the Sandy Hook School Support Fund.

Following a private meeting with town officials, community leaders, first responders and victims’ families last week in Newtown, Conn., NASCAR, Swan Racing and Waltrip announced that the No. 30 Lean1 Swan Racing Toyota will instead garner the No. 26 Sandy Hook School Support Fund Toyota. Waltrip’s ride for the Daytona 500 (Sunday, Feb. 24 1 p.m. ET on FOX) will honor the 26 victims of Sandy Hook Elementary School and prominently feature a call-to-action decal encouraging the NASCAR community to make $10 donations by texting NEWTOWN to 80888.

The Sandy Hook School Support Fund, established jointly by United Way of Western Connecticut and Newtown Savings Bank, supports the healing process for the broader Newtown community including children, teachers, first responders, families, residents, mental health professionals, counselors and others, following the tragic events that occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School in December. One hundred percent of the funds raised for the Sandy Hook School Support Fund go to meet the needs of the Newtown community.

“Americans everywhere are heartbroken about the tragedy in Newtown and Swan Racing is proud to join NASCAR and the United Way of Western Connecticut to help the community move forward,†said Swan Racing owner Brandon Davis.

In addition to piloting the No. 26 Newtown car in the Great American Race, Waltrip confirmed today that all three Michael Waltrip Racing entries will run the “text NEWTOWN to 80888†decal for the Daytona 500.

“Driving the No. 26 Sandy Hook School Support Fund Toyota is like nothing I have ever been part of in my NASCAR career,†Waltrip said. “It will be an emotional week knowing that we have the potential to do so much good for the Newtown community. I’m racing for a reason.â€

NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France also announced today that he and his wife Amy would personally kick off the NASCAR industry support with a $50,000 donation that will be matched by The NASCAR Foundation, a 501(c) (3) non-profit that embodies the compassion of the NASCAR family and its commitment to serving communities.

“Being in Newtown last week and delivering a moment of happiness to that community was unlike anything I’ve ever experienced,†said France. “Looking out at a room of smiling faces amidst the aftermath of a horrible tragedy was very powerful. It hit me that the NASCAR industry and our passionate fan base have an unbelievable opportunity to rally around this cause and make a huge difference for a community in need. I am excited to witness firsthand the NASCAR community’s embrace and support of the Sandy Hook School Support Fund.â€

The Sandy Hook School Support Fund recently announced in cooperation with the Newtown Rotary Club Foundation that funds are available to help with the immediate financial and mental health needs for people impacted by the tragic events of Dec. 14.

"One thing I can tell you for sure, is that there will be a whole lot of people in Sandy Hook and Newtown rooting for Michael and the No 26 car," said Sandy Hook Fire Chief Bill Halstead. "It will be something positive to rally around, and there will be smiles on faces that haven't smiled in quite a while."

The NASCAR community can contribute to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund by texting NEWTOWN to 80888. For fans without short-code texting plans with their wireless carriers, there are two additional opportunities to donate. Donations can also be made online at newtown.uwwesternct.org or by mail to:

Sandy Hook School Support Fund
    c/o Newtown Savings Bank
    39 Main Street, Newtown, CT, 06470
  5. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

01. Shotgun
    02. Easy (Sheryl Crow, Chris DuBois, Jeff Trott)
    03. Give It to Me
    04. We Oughta Be Drinkin'
    05. Callin' Me When I'm Lonely
    06. Waterproof Mascara
    07. Crazy Ain't Original
    08. Nobody's Business
    09. Homesick
    10. Homecoming Queen
    11. Best of Times
    12. Stay at Home Mother

Sheryl Crow is Taking The Wheel at Noon ET, playing songs from her new album, plus her country music favorites, including Brad Paisley, Ashley Monroe, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Loretta Lynn and Johnny & June!
  6. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Any replays?
  7. SIRIUSaboutXM

I highly doubt it- it was a 4 hour show and in 1 hour...
  8. SIRIUSaboutXM

Keith Urban is Taking The Wheel with a Light The Fuse Weekend starting Friday at 6 P.M. on SXM59!

[​IMG]
  9. SIRIUSaboutXM

If you happen to be in Nashville tonight, there's a good chance you'll see him. Just heard Storme say that Keith will be walking the streets and stopping in every bar in town tonight!
  10. SIRIUSaboutXM

Some Dude Looks Like A Lady just happened to Walk This Way to join Keith last night

[​IMG]
  11. SIRIUSaboutXM

EXCLUSIVE Album Premiere
    Tonight at 8PM
    Played every song in order with commentary. Use Start Now on Internet Radio. Very disappointing that The Highway elects to not post these events on their website- they fail to realize not everyone uses Social Media :thumbsdown:

[​IMG]

01. Shotgun
    02. Easy (Sheryl Crow, Chris DuBois, Jeff Trott)
    03. Give It to Me
    04. We Oughta Be Drinkin'
    05. Callin' Me When I'm Lonely
    06. Waterproof Mascara
    07. Crazy Ain't Original
    08. Nobody's Business
    09. Homesick
    10. Homecoming Queen
    11. Best of Times
    12. Stay at Home Mother
  12. SIRIUSaboutXM

Another Preview of an Internet only channel later today- SXM 740 Y2Kountry - Country Hits from the 2000s - SiriusXM Radio

[​IMG]Y2Kountry takes over The Highway this weekend; country hits from the first decade of the 2000's; it's an internet-only channel but your sneak-peak is on the satellite through Sunday night!