Thanx For The New Server .....

Discussion in 'DRC Site Feedback' started by IdRatherBeSkiing, Jun 17, 2017.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Oh dear, you have notes. Can't get away with nothing. :)

2. drdroo

drdroo #1 by Women 18-24 Staff Member

I keep every email for the most part. We moved to Xenforo back in April of 2014.

3. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

[​IMG]

semipenguin likes this.
  4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

[​IMG]

Wolf and JHDK like this.
  5. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

If you guys want a dislike button, this is the closest thing we have to it.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown2:

6. IdRatherBeSkiing

I think the software should just automatically dislike anything with Nickleback mentioned in a positive way. We don't need a button.

7. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

So you are saying if you dislike Nickelback, but it will be mentioned in a positive way? So you do like Nickelback, see I knew you Canadians like them. :)

8. IdRatherBeSkiing

I notice when I load some pages it seems to be loading from facebook, twitter, and stuff. I assume it is this plugin that is causing this? This does not delay the loading/display of the page but does delay the final movement to the first unread post. I suspect this is more noticeable at times when the sites are slower (or my son is downloading some video slowing my internet down).

9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I haven't seen that yet.

10. drdroo

Calls to other websites can definitely slow down the overall experience on pages that have embedded content, but I haven't experienced it myself. This isn't a unique thing to DRC if it does happen, it would affect any website (blogs, etc.) that embed content from other sources and digest it.

There are probably some optimization tricks to improve this, like shifting the javascript traffic until after the page loads, etc. I'm not so sure they're easy to implement for me though. It may be that our embed module already does this too, at least for some of the sites, like twitter, where it shows Loading Tweet first.

11. IdRatherBeSkiing

One more quirk. Appears to be a post time check on editing a post. I need to wait 30 secs to edit. This did not used to be so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. drdroo

I changed it to 10 seconds. Unfortunately there's no way to separate it out between flood control between messages and disabling the edit feature. I'm not really sure why it has any effect on the edit feature really, seems kind of bizarre to me, but I guess that's how it works.

Aaron likes this.
  13. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

For anyone using Tapatalk, did your app recently update?
    Where to find the threads with unread posts??

14. IdRatherBeSkiing

It updated a day or so ago. I just go to notifications and it shows threads I am subscribed to. New threads are hit and miss. Sometimes I get notified.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

15. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I ended up uninstalling Tapatalk about a month ago.
    Too many adds and an endless stream of "recommended posts" or whatever.
    It was just easier to use my phone's browser.

semipenguin likes this.
  16. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Haven't browsed on tapatalk in years, was thinking of reinstalling. So far my browser on my phone is fine.

semipenguin likes this.