The 2014 Major League Baseball Season Thread

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Wow. That's a crazy way to plan your baseball tour. I went to games at 2 of them. It is cool to go to the before and after at some of those places. The old Tigers stadium was an awesome place to see a game, truly a classic, but it was pretty rough and ready to retire. The new one is fantastic. The old Cincinnati park was terrible. Good riddance to that one. The new one is a MUCH better place to watch a game, but the design is weak IMHO. Too much frosting, not enough cake....

I'm sure Pete didn't play his entire Reds Career at Riverfront? :right:

He did play for Philly at the old Vet, too :(

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN

Mike Trout is putting up Lou Gehrig numbers! :eek:mfg:

The Angels gave away lots of good talent in the past. Players like Devon White started with the Angels, but for whatever reason, ended up going elsewhere & helped other teams (Foronto) win a title (titles) :(

The late '90s Yankees has three former Angels on their team that helped them win championships ...

Luis Soho. Luis Polonia. And Chad Curtis (pedo) :right:

Edit: Most recently, Mike Napoli. He was traded to Foronto, then before he even could set foot on Canadian soil, he was traded to Fexas! :eek:mfg:

He help the Rangers go to two World Series. Then helped Foston win another last year :(

The GM who made that trade no longer works for the Angels :hhh:

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm sure Pete didn't play his entire Reds Career at Riverfront? :right:

He did play for Philly at the old Vet, too :(

The ballpark is located on "Pete Rose Way", but they are going to rename the street to Hall Of Fame Bypass."

Hey oh!!!!!

I never got to see Pete play at a game. 91 was my first game at the old park, so he wasn't even coaching by then.

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
GAME DAY! Royals @ Detroit at noon CT. Shields vs. Verlander. Should be a great game. GO ROYALS.:bigthumbup:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
This is cool :)

Facebook Map Shows County-by-County Breakdown of Most 'Liked' MLB Teams | Bleacher Report

FacebookMLBMap.jpg

According to Facebook, there are no U.S. counties where a plurality of fans like the New York Mets, Toronto Blue Jays or Oakland Athletics.

Wow! Alameda County is Giants Country! :eek:mfg:

The Mets are in Queens (hehe. Queens :)) County. You would think they might be bigger than the Yankees there ... :scratch:

Louisiana, New Mexico, & Utah are mostly Yankee fans (according to Facebook data) :right:

I follow three teams on Facebook. Angels. Cardinals. Twins :)

Edit: Braves cover most of the south, but I think most are Alabama fans that get there logos mixed up :cool:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
This is cool :)

Facebook Map Shows County-by-County Breakdown of Most 'Liked' MLB Teams | Bleacher Report

FacebookMLBMap.jpg

Wow! Alameda County is Giants Country! :eek:mfg:

The Mets are in Queens (hehe. Queens :)) County. You would think they might be bigger than the Yankees there ... :scratch:

Louisiana, New Mexico, & Utah are mostly Yankee fans (according to Facebook data) :right:

I follow three teams on Facebook. Angels. Cardinals. Twins :)

Edit: Braves cover most of the south, but I think most are Alabama fans that get there logos mixed up :cool:

The Blue Jays are understandable as not having a us following.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yeah. That sux :(

Kendry Morales broke his legs celebrating a home run for the Angels back in '10 :right:

I guess they just can't catch a break :idunno:

Awe man, that hurts my bones just thinking about it.
Even I couldn't go for that joke.....this time.

Fuck cancer.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I don't like extra inning games :(

I will change the channel & listen to another game. I like to have one team or the other be winning at nine :)

The Royals have played hard in these two games. I think they'll contend for a playoff spot this season :cool: