The 2016 Mlb Season Thread

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
LET'S GO FIRST PITCH!

I can't wait. I've got my Mud Hens opener tickets. It's getting too tough to make it to Detroit for the opener up there, so I'll celebrate with the farm team instead.

SPT-Hens1p-10-14.jpg

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
AZ Spring Training is so much better than FL.

Teams are closer together. Very little chance of a rain out.

All the teams should be in Arizona.

There are some talks off and on, couple more teams in Florida might move to the Phoenix area. Right now, the only team that wants a new spring training stadium is the Brewers. Plus I would kinda agree, they play in the Maryvale area and it not one of the best areas to visit.

Reactions: semipenguin

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
There are some talks off and on, couple more teams in Florida might move to the Phoenix area. Right now, the only team that wants a new spring training stadium is the Brewers. Plus I would kinda agree, they play in the Maryvale area and it not one of the best areas to visit.

They can share with the Cubs.

The teams used to be spread out. From Yuma, to Phoenix, to Tucson.

The only bad thing about having 30 teams in Arizona, for spring training, would be the traffic.

Plus, I'm sure the Marlins & the Rays wouldn't like it

Reactions: Wolf

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Florida is easier to get to for people on the east coast. You can drive down (even from Toronto) if you wanted. Arizona is a flight away if you wanted to go there. Rain is a part of the game. If you miss a game, its just spring training. No big deal.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Florida is easier to get to for people on the east coast. You can drive down (even from Toronto) if you wanted. Arizona is a flight away if you wanted to go there. Rain is a part of the game. If you miss a game, its just spring training. No big deal.

Good point.

I still like my idea better

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I believe it a good idea, they should have extended the net in baseball stadiums years ago.

Just like few years ago, when they added the net behind the goalie area in hockey to protect the fans from flying pucks.

Screen-Shot-2015-10-26-at-3.01.30-PM-e1445886665348.jpg
Only after they killed somebody.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
A flying line drive from a baseball is already deadly, plus when a batter looses his grip on his baseball bat can be very deadly.
I think it's a great idea. Just pointing out that hockey didn't do it for the good of it. They did it because they killed somebody with a screening puck. I am sure baseball is doing it for insurance reasons too. But not a bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Ya gotta keep your eyes on the game people.
The back of the ticket warns you that death may greet you in the form of flying evil entering the stands.

Just read the back of the ticket before you get to your seats.