The 2017 Mlb Season Thread

Will the Chicago Cubs Repeat as World Series Champions?

• Yes! 2/3rds the way to a Dynasty

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No! Another team will win

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
After starting 7-2, reds have lost 11 out of 14. :dunno1

Go team go....

jenn-reds-fan.jpg

Reactions: JHDK

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
So went to my first Jays game with my son (first of 4) last night. Jays were playing Tampa Bay. Gibbons put the B lineup out there and offense really struggled. The big guys also struggled. The only bright spot was Kevin Pillar going 4 for 4 with a walk in 5 plate appearances. He scored 3 of the runs himself. Darwin Barney did not bad too going 2 for 4. Stroman pitched great. until he was pulled after 7 1/3 innings giving up only 2 runs. And even with the B list lineup and the struggles of the big names, they had a 3-1 lead heading into the top of the 8th. Then the wheels came off. Stroman gave up a solo shot. He struck out the next guy and was then pulled. Grilli came on and gave up tieing run. The rest of the bullpen did even worse. They wound up losing 7-4. We did enjoy then game. Next up is Cleveland on May 10th. Hope Edwin hits a couple of moonshots that night.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
So went to my first Jays game with my son (first of 4) last night. Jays were playing Tampa Bay. Gibbons put the B lineup out there and offense really struggled. The big guys also struggled. The only bright spot was Kevin Pillar going 4 for 4 with a walk in 5 plate appearances. He scored 3 of the runs himself. Darwin Barney did not bad too going 2 for 4. Stroman pitched great. until he was pulled after 7 1/3 innings giving up only 2 runs. And even with the B list lineup and the struggles of the big names, they had a 3-1 lead heading into the top of the 8th. Then the wheels came off. Stroman gave up a solo shot. He struck out the next guy and was then pulled. Grilli came on and gave up tieing run. The rest of the bullpen did even worse. They wound up losing 7-4. We did enjoy then game. Next up is Cleveland on May 10th. Hope Edwin hits a couple of moonshots that night.

Blue Jays won today

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Glad you had fun at the game!

I'm in Massachusetts with the Mrs to visit with her dad. Unfortunately he's not doing very well, or we would have gotten tickets for the Red Sox Cubs game.

Reactions: goreds2

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Still great you went with your son. Those are times you will never forget.

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
The Twins sweep the rain shortened 2 game series over the Royals. The Royals have lost 9 straight games. The Royals next play a 4 game series vs. Chicago White Sox Monday-Thursday in Kansas City.

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
The Royals split the 4 game series with the White Sox. The Royals play a 3 game series vs. Cleveland Indians this weekend.

Reactions: semipenguin

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
we've got a major league black dildo tweeted from the official mets account! now this was clearly a mistake and just as clearly a joke between players but oh man i wish artie was still on the stern show to bust on gary about the mets and all their fans being gay.

Screen-Shot-2017-05-06-at-1.11.17-PM.png

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
we've got a major league black dildo tweeted from the official mets account! now this was clearly a mistake and just as clearly a joke between players but oh man i wish artie was still on the stern show to bust on gary about the mets and all their fans being gay.

Screen-Shot-2017-05-06-at-1.11.17-PM.png

It's for Terry Collins

Reactions: JHDK

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
The Indians take 2 out of 3 from the Royals. The Royals play a 4 game series @ Tampa Bay Rays Monday-Thursday.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think in the minors each extra inning starts with a man on 2nd base. Perhaps they can do the same in the majors. After the 12th they can make it first and second and after the 15th the bases can be loaded. After the 18th the batter can have a 3-0 count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
The Royals take 3 out of 4 from the Rays. The Royals play a 3 game series vs. Baltimore Orioles this weekend in Kansas City.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Jays won their 3rd series of the year against Cleveland. 2nd series win in a row. Now only 2.5 out of 4th in the east. Now tied with KC for worst in the AL. Think they are percentage points ahead of Atlanta and SF for worst over all. They have lost their 3rd starting pitcher to DL today placing Liriano on the 10 day DL with shoulder tightness.

I was at the game last night. Liriano lasted just 2 innings and gave up 7 runs. Jays were down 7-3 after the middle of the 3rd (5 of Liriano's runs scored in the 3rd before anybody got out). The first out was when Cleveland player hit double with bases loaded and tried to stretch his double to a triple. He was called out at 3rd. The reliever bobbed and weaved through the rest of the 3rd and left 2 men on base. That turned out to be huge as the Jays got 2 in the 3rd and 2 in the 4th and walked off in the bottom of the 9th with another. Our next game is in a couple of weeks against the White Sox.