The Adam Carolla Podcast !

Discussion in 'Podcasts' started by hank-the-dwarf, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

Like anything else, I suggest a least a week's worth of shows. I found the last Dana Gould appearance to be a very funny podcast. I'm still waiting for Norm to come in. Adam is at his absolute best with Norm and Joel McHale. He's very good with Dana and David Alan Grier as well.

Look for those specific shows to whet your appetite.
  2. sodomite

sodomite Banned

The best of was at just the right time for me as i'm just getting into this podcast. I am loving it so far. As of right now i listen to them all week and only listen to Stern on friday(best of week) it is working out pretty good.:bigclap:
  3. Ifandorbut

I've said it on other postings, but you should also check out The Bugle. It's a funny half hour each week devoted to very silly takes on current events. It's just two guys shooting the shit and cracking wise. I really dig it.

Also, check out the last podcast of Doug Benson's "I Love Movies". Very funny. Doug is one stoned dude. He has trouble playing host to his own game show, but after you've a heard a couple of the podcasts and get used to his slow burn humor, you'll really appreciate his sense of humor. Doug was also a frequent guest on Adam's old KLSX show. He was on the May 5th podcast as well.

Check those two out.
  4. sodomite

sodomite Banned

Sad news about bald Brian, he seemed to be in good spirits though. Loving the show.
  5. Ifandorbut

Bryan was consistently funny during his time at the drop button. Only Fred Norris is better, because he set the standard, but for my money Bryan is quicker and as funny if not funnier than Fred. This latest news really has me bummed out. So young, so talented, so funny. What a shame.
  6. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I'm really trying to like it, I really am. But I've had a week's worth of listening and it's done nothing for me. And I normally like Carolla, I think he's a funny guy. There's just something about the show that doesn't do it for me. I'll keep trying.
  7. Ifandorbut

What guests have you been listening to? I'm wondering where you are in the overall scheme of shows.
  8. sodomite

sodomite Banned

You have to go in thinking it's not a radio show thats what helped me.
  9. Ifandorbut

10. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I downloaded it again. I'll give it a listen tomorrow. If there is a new show tomorrow.
  11. Ifandorbut

I haven't listened to this episode yet, but my goodness, this woman is a goddess. Her name is Hope Dworaczyk, the Playboy Playmate of the month.

This is from the May 25th podcast. Look at Adam's devilish grin. The dog is Molly.
    [​IMG]
  12. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

f'in fox!!! aces shorts are funny.

im listening to adam live at the ontairo improv from 2/14/10 right now. great show. robins man jim florentine is funny as hell.

do you buy the second half of these live shows? i dont. i love the show but not enough to pay when ya get a free one everyday and there are so many other podcasts to fill the time if i run out of ace.

-jhdk

500th post!!!! im on my way!
  13. Ifandorbut

Nah...After listening to years of Carolla, I'm pretty certain I have heard most of what he has to say. Jim is always pretty good with Adam. Adam likes to sing with Jim, just as long as Jim burps his way through the song. He does it all the time.
  14. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

huh...didnt get to that part yet, if it happens this time. fun show though. good thing to have while howards off

-jhdk
  15. Ifandorbut

Yeah, I don't know that he did it live on stage, he did on the KLSX radio show a few times. They did "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off".
  16. flap_jackson

flap_jackson New Member

I'm hating these live shows he's doing instead of the podcast. Last year was great when he just had a sit-down with guests for an hour. This live stuff is just pointless for me. You spend less time with guests, and I just hate the format. :thumbsdown:
  17. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

that lambo miura restoration ain't gonna pay for itself
  18. UncleScam

UncleScam New Member

Carolla's podcast is great - I listen whenever I get the chance. I wish he'd buy some decent microphones, though....
  19. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

right on...half the time it sounds like the mic fell into his shirt pocket...yesterday was especially distant-sounding
  20. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

huh, i have the totally oppsite view. now im a new carolla listener, so maybe thats why, but my fav carollas are both the live shows and the almost live podcast. i just think there is an energy in both those shows that ya dont get when its just adam and a guest...well unless its a stellar guest. i also think its cool to hear how he works the crowd during the live shows. i still wont pay for them though.

-jhdk