The announcement

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I would love to have Bubba back but with a Terriestrial show and a radioio show, what can we possibly get?

Also, I'm confused ont he Radioio show that Bubba is doing. Is this going to be ANOTHER show for Bubba or just a simulcast of his terrestrial show? I don't see how that could be because he keeps saying Uncensored bubba on Radioio.

Any details would be great.

I'd love bubba but tomorrow is probably his very last show.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I would love for Bubba to be back. The question is, is it worth having him back if they're only airing his terrestrial show or the terrestrial/2 hr RadioIO show?

They need to have exclusive uncensored content.

It'd be great if they could work out a deal where he fulfills the last part of his terrestrial contract with the 2hr uncensored afterwords (assuming he can't get out of it) and then goes totally uncensored. Perhaps back-loading the contract to when they get him exclusive.
He's far too into his internet radio venture to just drop it. There is little to no chance that he will ever be on Sirius XM exclusively again. The way I see it, there's two possible outcomes here. Bubba has mentioned doing the internet show 4 days a week, so that leaves open the option for him to do Fridays like he's been doing. And there's the option of Sirius XM carrying the radioio show which isn't a likely scenario.

However, there's one year left on his FM deal and after that Bubba says he intends to leave FM radio. So who knows what happens after that.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
So are we happy, excited, relieved, sad? I was nonplussed this morning when Hein said it on the news. Was nor happy or sad. Part of me, most of me thought the original 5 year deal was the last one. And I hadn't planned on following somewhere else, I love satellite. Sal should get the artie chair, for the first hour, and the news. Not for the middle section of the show, or interviews.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Also, I'm confused ont he Radioio show that Bubba is doing. Is this going to be ANOTHER show for Bubba or just a simulcast of his terrestrial show? I don't see how that could be because he keeps saying Uncensored bubba on Radioio.
No, it's not just a rebroadcast of the FM show, I don't see where people keep getting this idea.

It's two hours on middays, right after the FM show, 4 days a week. Plus he'll have audio archives on Bubba Raw.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
So are we happy, excited, relieved, sad? I was nonplussed this morning when Hein said it on the news. Was nor happy or sad. Part of me, most of me thought the original 5 year deal was the last one. And I hadn't planned on following somewhere else, I love satellite. Sal should get the artie chair, for the first hour, and the news. Not for the middle section of the show, or interviews.
I'm relieved. I'm just starting to listen more than I have been as of late, and while I don't listen as obsessively as I did 2006-2007, I'm happy he's sticking around. Not to mention, it's good for satellite radio as a whole.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Sal should get the artie chair, for the first hour, and the news. Not for the middle section of the show, or interviews.

Huh? All he knows how to do is be stupid,to be gross, to betray his wife and to lie (ok the Horseface stuff at that distant roast was not bad). He should not be mentioned in the same breath with Artie. His presence during the first hour would be the last straw.

Last edited:

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
due to how few details were revealed, I gotta believe they are doing 3 days a week.

same as when they brought bubba back in dec 08. people were so excited he came back, no one at the time knew that we'd be getting a BS terrestrial replay. f*cking awful. they have to develop more content for thesse channels tho.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I'll reserve judgment on how I truly feel until 2011, but overall I'd say I'm pleasantly surprised he is returning.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
due to how few details were revealed, I gotta believe they are doing 3 days a week.

same as when they brought bubba back in dec 08. people were so excited he came back, no one at the time knew that we'd be getting a BS terrestrial replay. f*cking awful. they have to develop more content for thesse channels tho.

Yes, I think he pretty much said that it would be 3 days without saying it. He said it would be 4 days a week when they come back and then there would be flexability after that. I don't mind its better than nothing. However I do agree with you 100% there needs to be more content on 101.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I wonder if they'll take this opportunity to "reboot" the channels a bit. I know Howard said he's still starting at 6:00, but they can shuffle the channels around a bit. Maybe cut a deal to carry Bubba's uncensored 2 hour show Mon-Thurs and have business as usual on Fridays. Find something new for afternoon drive. Who knows. I hope the "we've still got more to do" statement doesn't end up ringing hollow. I think it's time to shake things up a bit around the channels to set the tone for the next five years. And I know I mentioned Bubba, but I really don't think it's looking good for him on Sirius XM. So whether they acknowledge it or not, there's going to be a major hole in 101 that will be damn hard to fill.

Put the BTLS show on in early evenings.
Put Ferrall on from 9 PM to 1 AM. This way, he can cover the end of the those late-night (west coast) games.

BAM!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
So I'm guessing I missed something funny then? So Howard joked saying they were leaving (cause Sal was late?) and Sal believed it, and was crying?

Dang I hope that's on best of the week tomorrow.

It's the big announcement. You know it will be.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
He's far too into his internet radio venture to just drop it. There is little to no chance that he will ever be on Sirius XM exclusively again. The way I see it, there's two possible outcomes here. Bubba has mentioned doing the internet show 4 days a week, so that leaves open the option for him to do Fridays like he's been doing. And there's the option of Sirius XM carrying the radioio show which isn't a likely scenario.

However, there's one year left on his FM deal and after that Bubba says he intends to leave FM radio. So who knows what happens after that.

I think it was Monday's show when Bubba said that he would be open to talking to SiriusXM, even if talks didn't start until January.

Who knows if he was just talking though. I could easily see him being groomed as Howard's replacement...after the FM deal runs out.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The absolute best move they could make is to bring back Jackie. Talk about shaking things up. :D

Based on HoHS, they should bring back Billy. I'm replaying Billy's impression of Marge Schott in my mind and it was HYSTERICAL.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I could easily see him being groomed as Howard's replacement...after the FM deal runs out.
No way. They do not see in him what we see. That has become pretty clear in the past five years. And Bubba this year hasn't helped his case. However, I can see them working something out past January if it comes down to that. But Bubba will never be more than just some ancillary talent on Sirius XM.
Based on HoHS, they should bring back Billy. I'm replaying Billy's impression of Marge Schott in my mind and it was HYSTERICAL.
They couldn't afford Billy.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Robin talking about monkey digestive systems? Obviously, Sal WAS late, cause there is no talk about him dancing in the hallway in the Gary mask.

That would have been a ten minute bit, had Sal been on it.

I would also hope that HowardTV would go online, just like BubbaRaw. Being online is so much better than having to go to a subscribed TV...you'd think Howard would understand this, after his speech about the app.