The announcement

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I don't see how a three day workweek is worth it to Sirius. They're going to pay a whole staff for only three days? Definitely some pay cuts or layoffs there. If I were a shareholder I'd be unhappy if everybody is getting the same amount.

So then, is it worth it to the staff? How much lower can JD's salary go? He really needs to leave the show and get his life in order.

They're paying Howard's show to keep the subscribers around. If Howard leaves, the company loses subs. Five more years gives them time to prepare for the future. It also means that "Satellite Radio 2.0" will be fully implemented, and hopefully we see a fully merged company.

Plus subscribers will be paying the same for less show. Its especially bad if you only signed up for Howard.

While I agree, once again, you pay for the whole service. Sports, music, Howard, other talk, etc.

I wouldn't be opposed to a "Man Talk" programming package. Howard's channels, the Virus, Stars Too, and an Ellis Channel. Counter-act that with a package of Oprah, Martha, Sirius Stars, and Cosmo. Make those $9.99 a month, with nothing else included.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I don't see how a three day workweek is worth it to Sirius. They're going to pay a whole staff for only three days? Definitely some pay cuts or layoffs there. If I were a shareholder I'd be unhappy if everybody is getting the same amount.

So then, is it worth it to the staff? How much lower can JD's salary go? He really needs to leave the show and get his life in order.

I really think the show MUST change, both on the air and off. 5 more years of the same show is not a good thing. I've never understood why Howard has this giant staff and yet the results are crap. Get rid of a bunch of those people, infuse some fresh blood if necessary.

On the air, they don't need Jon Hein to recap DURING THE SHOW what just happened. I've never understood that. Stop it. Even Howard 100 news could go away and I don't think anyone would miss them. Stop interviewing Miss Howard TVs unless she's got a jaw-dropping story or is willing to get felt up or make out with a girl in the studio. Get rid of the sybian, it's played out. Put someone or rotating someones in the Jackie chair.

SO MANY ways the show could change for the better...

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Howard Stern Ignites Sirius Subscription Mega-Surge

Howard Stern Ignites Sirius Subscription Mega-Surge | TMZ.com

Just in time for Christmas.

I assume the "flood of calls" story is b.s.; who out there was sitting around *without* a Sirius radio, but as soon as they heard Howard signed on for another 5 years, they rushed out to sign up? Huh? No doubt there would be some new subscriptions but I doubt there was any sort of rush after the announcement.

TurfToeTony

Oct 18, 2008
I envy all you guys that got to hear it live not knowing what was going to happen. Must have been friggin awesome.

wwfmike

Oct 13, 2008
Santa Rosa, NM
I really think the show MUST change, both on the air and off. 5 more years of the same show is not a good thing. I've never understood why Howard has this giant staff and yet the results are crap. Get rid of a bunch of those people, infuse some fresh blood if necessary.

On the air, they don't need Jon Hein to recap DURING THE SHOW what just happened. I've never understood that. Stop it. Even Howard 100 news could go away and I don't think anyone would miss them. Stop interviewing Miss Howard TVs unless she's got a jaw-dropping story or is willing to get felt up or make out with a girl in the studio. Get rid of the sybian, it's played out. Put someone or rotating someones in the Jackie chair.

SO MANY ways the show could change for the better...

Can you replace Tim Sabien please? :yesshake:

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Listening to Sal the Stockbroker cry like a baby is pure comedy gold.

I understand that his contract's worth $400 million this time around; this time, he has no stock options. It might be lower than the last one, but at least he's still getting paid more than Rush and Seacrest.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
As much as Howard has been complaining about all his staff having "no plans for the future" I wonder if he'll actually pay them this time around. He's raking in tens of millions/year while people like JD get paid near minimum wage (while living in/around New York) and Howard wonders why they don't have a ton of savings? If Howard wants them to have a "plan for the future", take a 1 million pay cut (which he'd hardly notice) and spread that around your staff. You could probably double everyone's pay with just that.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
As much as Howard has been complaining about all his staff having "no plans for the future" I wonder if he'll actually pay them this time around. He's raking in tens of millions/year while people like JD get paid near minimum wage (while living in/around New York) and Howard wonders why they don't have a ton of savings? If Howard wants them to have a "plan for the future", take a 1 million pay cut (which he'd hardly notice) and spread that around your staff. You could probably double everyone's pay with just that.

:lolsign:

that would never happen.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008

I'm assuming Howard pays everyone commensurate with their experience level, which is probably why JD gets like $30K. I do think there should be a bit of a raise for guys like him, but not too much - he's still got to figure out what he's going to do in 5 years' time and if they overpay him, he's going to be screwed again.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

The previews of the Wrap-Up Show, Howard 100 News, and Mutt calling in (if he still does) are show filler. If Howard works it right, he can spend 30-45 minutes between Lisa G., Steve Langford, and Mutt.

I agree about Miss HTV. Get rid of them, unless they're willing to put up with some sort of humiliation.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I envy all you guys that got to hear it live not knowing what was going to happen. Must have been friggin awesome.

I got to listen to some of it live, from about 6:25 AM to 6:40 AM. It was literally pins and needles, edge of the chair stuff.

They always say hindsight is 20/20, but there were clues along the way.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
The previews of the Wrap-Up Show, Howard 100 News, and Mutt calling in (if he still does) are show filler. If Howard works it right, he can spend 30-45 minutes between Lisa G., Steve Langford, and Mutt.

I agree about Miss HTV. Get rid of them, unless they're willing to put up with some sort of humiliation.
The Miss Howard TV's are AWFUL. Does anyone know how much longer the inDemand contract goes? I canceled Howard TV when I realized how long I went without watching it. Now if they had a website like Bubba Raw, I'd be interested. They have video going back to 1994. You could literally sign up and not finish watching everything for years.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The Miss Howard TV's are AWFUL. Does anyone know how much longer the inDemand contract goes? I canceled Howard TV when I realized how long I went without watching it. Now if they had a website like Bubba Raw, I'd be interested. They have video going back to 1994. You could literally sign up and not finish watching everything for years.

Plus, you wouldn't have to *go* to your subscribed TV. Theoretically, you could watch it on any computer, or mobile device. Plug it in to your cousin's TV at his place, and spread the love.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Plus, you wouldn't have to *go* to your subscribed TV. Theoretically, you could watch it on any computer, or mobile device. Plug it in to your cousin's TV at his place, and spread the love.
A million times this. If Howie is so sure about internet and mobile phone distribution, time to make the leap with the TV show. I'm VERY certain it would attract more fans than Howard TV, and would bring back some of the folks that got fed up with cable company bullshit. Plus a lot of providers don't get Howard TV and this way he could reach every interested listener regardless of location.