The Good News Thread

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
I had a burger for lunch. Might have a burger for dinner. Or a pizza. Or some tacos. I'm going to see "A Star is Born" tonight.
I'm having something wonderful and delicious tonight, but I don't know what it will be yet. Mrs Scotch is a great cook; she has such experience preparing meals, she can make anything without following a recipe. On Sunday she made a pot roast. Monday was a chicken pot pie, Tuesday I had leftovers before my band rehearsal, and Wednesday she made a stir-fry with (you guessed it) leftover pot roast. Last Friday we were out and had Mexican, and Saturday we went to a top-rated barbecue place with friends. Last Thursday we had bacon turkey burgers at home.

I'd post about her meals on the Foodie thread, but I'm not the one making the food, so I don't.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfrising13.com
I don't know if this is a good thing or not. I never been to this place, but drove past it many of times.

It an old fashion soda fountain restaurant where they serve ice cream and they sell 3 very expensive ice cream meals.

The Masterpiece a 4 pound ice cream for $49.99
The Pinnacle a 7 pound ice cream for $79.99
The Legend a 10 pound ice cream for $99.99

Vintage Arizona soda shop sells 10-pound sundae

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
The $45 beer is a Deschutes "The Abyss" 2015 aged in cognac barrels.

The Abyss 100% Aged in Cognac Barrels - Craft Imperial Stout by Deschutes Brewery
That's a pricey beer. The most expensive I see for limited-run single bottle beers is about $18 - $20, for a similar (22 oz) size.

But I guess it all has to be seen in perspective. A friend and I used to frequent a hole-in-the-wall Mexican joint, that was run by a guy who was an expert tequila buyer. They had 100 brands and types, and a glass (basically a double-shot) ranged in price from $8 to $20.

Well-aged bottles of scotch or cognac can go for over $100. And that's 750 ml, which is 25.5 oz, just a bit larger.

The real question is - what will you have to eat with it?