The Good News Thread

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I don't feel like creating a new personal thread, so I'll post this here. My younger daughter the biologist, who's 27 and lives with us, is moving into a nice but tiny apartment in the wonderful city of Newburyport MA. It cuts her commute in half and eliminates a NH toll.

The place is literally at the intersection of the most popular street in the downtown. All the restaurants, shops, and waterfront park/ concert arena are right there.

She's happy and excited, Mrs Scotch is happy, I'm happy for her, but sad. I know that this point in my life is long overdue, but it still represents both freedom and loss, and another stage to my life. Probably the last one.

She'll still be close, and she'll probably spend weekends here. I'm sure it'll be good for her.

Reactions: JHDK and HecticArt

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
That looks like a lovely New England town. Glad she will still visit you on the weekends though. I dread the day that my kid is old enough to move out.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
This man estimated his baseball card collection to be worth as much as $50,000 – and he chose to make a little girl happy by donating it to her. That is worth a lot more.

A California man donated 25,000 baseball cards to a 9-year-old girl who lost her collection in a wildfire

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This man estimated his baseball card collection to be worth as much as $50,000 – and he chose to make a little girl happy by donating it to her. That is worth a lot more.

A California man donated 25,000 baseball cards to a 9-year-old girl who lost her collection in a wildfire

Her mom will just throw them out in a couple years and she'll spend her adult life bitching about how they could have been worth a fortune.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
JHDK has always resented his mom for accidentally throwing out his 1963 Joe Shlabotnik rookie card.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
JHDK has always resented his mom for accidentally throwing out his 1963 Joe Shlabotnik rookie card.

That's perfect for him.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: JHDK and Channel98

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
This 12-year-old hand-carved a baseball bat for a friend. Other people wanted a bat. He now has a business ( thegreatderecho.com/ ) and a Facebook page ( The Great Derecho - Tommy's Baseball Bat Story ).

An Iowa boy is selling baseball bats he makes from fallen trees to raise money for storm victims

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
This 12-year-old hand-carved a baseball bat for a friend. Other people wanted a bat. He now has a business ( thegreatderecho.com/ ) and a Facebook page ( The Great Derecho - Tommy's Baseball Bat Story ).

An Iowa boy is selling baseball bats he makes from fallen trees to raise money for storm victims

I wanted to find the clip from Naked Gun where Inspector Drumond asks the umpire if this is an official bat ... then bumps him on the head with it .. but it did not make you tube.

So are these MLB standard bats?

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
If "MLB" means "Made by Little Boy," yes.
Annnnddddddd.

Swing and a miss strike one.