The Good News Thread

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
shit, you're right. i think it was bylons. sorry. but good luck getting an nes mini. they discontinued production. however, there is talk that the snes mini might be coming this christmas.

Nintendo discontinues the NES Classic Edition - The Verge
Yeah, that's some shit. I don't understand Nintendo's decision there. You have a super popular product that people actually want to buy so you discontinue it?

At this point, I'm so fed up with them that I don't even want to buy one.

Reactions: memebag

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I wanted to buy one, but I was going to wait till the demand lighten up. I guess, I will have to go back and find the old classic NES games.
buy a $20-$50 controller accessory for your phone or tablet and just emulate all the games. it's basically the same thing but a whole lot cheaper than trying to buy all the retro stuff.

they make a bunch that strap onto your device for convenience but if you want something that's nearly identical to classic nintendo go with 8bitdo.

8Bitdo

i got the NES30 PRO and love it. it's by far the best third party controller i've ever used.

Last edited:

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
I prefer this list, as it's more realistic, and it places Phoenix 12th behind many more populated areas.
List of Metropolitan Statistical Areas - Wikipedia
That for metropolitan area and as you can see mostly doesn't count. But either way Phoenix is rank 12th and Boston is ranked 10th only 132,910 people behind. Who knows Phoenix will probably pass them up in couple of years with the city rapidly growing. Hell who knows Phoenix might be in 11th place already, surpassing the bay area cities already until the 2017 list comes out?

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
MA
That for metropolitan area and as you can see mostly doesn't count. But either way Phoenix is rank 12th and Boston is ranked 10th only 132,910 people behind. Who knows Phoenix will probably pass them up in couple of years with the city rapidly growing. Hell who knows Phoenix might be in 11th place already, surpassing the bay area cities already until the 2017 list comes out?
I agree that, in the long run, the Phoenix metro area will probably surpass Boston, and perhaps San Francisco. But you can't say the metro area list doesn't count. In well-established urban areas, what constitutes the "city line" is really arbitrary, as there's no discernible difference between the inside and outside regions. So 400 years ago, when Boston was established, there was no need to define an area as large as Phoenix; therefore, most of Boston's growth has been (and will be) outside of the city line.

Wolf

The Lone Wolf
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
shit, you're right. i think it was bylons. sorry. but good luck getting an nes mini. they discontinued production. however, there is talk that the snes mini might be coming this christmas.

Nintendo discontinues the NES Classic Edition - The Verge

Sources: Nintendo to launch SNES mini this year • Eurogamer.net
Here some good news, Nintendo will revive the NES classic for 2018.

Nintendo will revive the NES Classic and continue selling the SNES Classic in 2018