The New App (3.0.x)

Discussion in 'SiriusXM 2.0' started by kryptonite, Jun 30, 2015.

1. sgniwder

sgniwder Member

What version number is the beta? Any idea what you had to do to receive it? I have not seen an email for this yet. any way to share the link? The current version is awful. I end up going to my itunes library instead
    HecticArt likes this.
  2. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Go to the link, let them know your device make/model/version number and all that geek stuff. Let them know you're willing to try the beta out. See if they'll call you and maybe set something up or just include your email there. They sent me the link, but I don't want to be the one who leaks it...plus, I don't know if that's a personalized link or not.

Ask a Question

The app is 3.0.303

Sidenote -- How in the heck do I close it? Did that option go missing? I'm doing it via "swipe down and tap the "x" on the right side on the notifications list with the other running apps/programs.
  3. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

I'm going to ask a few this questions like I'm a noob at streaming Sirius to my phone. Will the extra $48 per year be an annual autopayment? Does the quality of sound depend more on the phone or wireless provider?

My phone has an unlimited data plan so battery life is more of a concern. How long will an average phone's battery last? An external back up power source and vehicle tethering are part of my future plans.

Other than the love button, what's better or worse about listening to satrad via a phone and tone pros versus buds and a Stiletto?

Thanks in advance.
  4. kryptonite

I'll answer that stuff later on, but my phone just got another update.
  5. sgniwder

sgniwder Member

Thanks kryptonite.
    I left them a request to see if I could get added to the list this morning, but haven't heard back yet...
  6. kryptonite

Ok... I got an email saying the beta test is over and an updated app (3.0.34) should be appearing soon. If you don't see it, maybe resetting your device would do the trick.

I think you can set it up for auto-pay. I'm on a special promo where I used to get 1/2 off the "Sirius Everything" or whatever they call it and I would pay the regular price for the internet streaming. When I called to renew in December, they put me on a special price for "All Access" which they said was less than what I had been paying. Apparently, that's their new thing...they're REALLY trying to push All Access. It's the same bitrate, no matter what device. I'd say the quality of sound depends more on your stereo, headphones, speakers, whatever you got. If you're an audiophile and have a big stereo system, home theater, you're probably better off with something else. If you're not an audiophile, you're probably gonna be ok.

I'd certainly plan to get at least a cord that connects the phone to your AC power supply.

The Stilettos never worked for me on satellite mode unless I had a dock or the antenna headphones. Those things needed a lot of help, IMO. I like the feature where the songs start playing at the beginning and the customized options. If you're more into the deeper cuts, the customized version should at least be passable.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  7. sgniwder

sgniwder Member

Thanks for the information.
    I see that 3.0.34 is now in the app store, so I'll give it a try.
  8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

My iPad just updated to 3.034.
    Streaming is going to be the better sound quality, kryptonite covered the basics.
    Each phone is going to suck battery differently, and each provider can play different tricks with your streaming rate. I can listen on my Note for a little over an hour and only see about an 8 or 9% bump in my battery.

Hopefully the update is better like kryptonite has experienced. The last one was a dog.
    Woof.
  9. kryptonite

Any reviews? I've had a few minor hiccups but nothing terrible...
  10. kryptonite

I just downloaded a new beta, but haven't had time to test version 3.0.40
  11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Keep us posted.
  12. kryptonite

My recent feedback:

I started Pearl Jam Radio. The first song didn't play automatically, so I had to skip ahead. Later songs started playing partway through.

It may also not be going straight into the MySiriusXM channels.
  13. kryptonite

I'm hearing bumpers when "Music Only" is checked.

I may also be hearing the same song twice under the customized option, but maybe I'm losing my mind...
  14. kryptonite

I called in to complain about the "Music Only" situation in the last post. Naturally, the person on the phone had zero idea what I was talking about. At the start of the call, I was asked if I was listening on WiFi or otherwise. I'm not sure if they understood "customized channels" and I interpreted their understand of "music only" as "eliminating talk channels."

At one point, I thought I heard. "There is nothing we can do about talk between music" as if I was listening to the regular feed of the channel.

Hopefully an app update fixes these shenanigans.

Then again, when Howard wanted to bomb the Middle East into a parking lot, maybe he was on to something...
  15. kryptonite

Dear SiriusXM Listener –

Thank you for being a part of our beta program! The beta test period for version 3.0.40 is now over. Your feedback was essential in helping us figure out the areas of the app to fix and improve.

We are happy to announce that the newest version of our Android app (3.0.40) is now available in the Google Play Store!

Your beta app should auto-update to the newest version (the process could take a few hours).

You may also update the app via the Google Play Store (please delete the beta app before installing)
    HecticArt likes this.
  16. hwkn

hwkn Active Member

I went on the Googleplay store and they still have the old version of the android app listed not the new one.
  17. hwkn

hwkn Active Member

They now have the new version of the app.
    HecticArt likes this.
  18. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

I have the ok to use the new beta for comments but haven't received the code to register my phone. Kinda stuck for now.
  19. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Is the new beta app numbered 3.0.40? Build: 144-687-2155. I'm using an Iphone 5S.